• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dispute for Watchmember Sale

pdrobles

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/16
I read the Sales Section Rules but I was still not sure if/when I should reach out to the RWI managers for a dispute against a member. I have tried reaching out to the member by PM’ing and also in original post. I received a watch that was marked as keeping time and when it arrived it was DOA. It was packaged very well. There just seemed to be a couple things that I noticed as issues and contradictory to the sales post. Should I just see if I can find someone in town to fix it? Should I file a dispute through RWI? I’ve read enough and it seems like common sense to definitely NEVER file through PayPal, unless directed to by the head RWI manager. I honestly would just like the seller to respond and maybe give me some insight. I would rather not have to escalate this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I read the Sales Section Rules but I was still not sure if/when I should reach out to the RWI managers for a dispute against a member. I have tried reaching out to the member by PM’ing and also in original post. I received a watch that was marked as keeping time and when it arrived it was DOA. It was packaged very well. There just seemed to be a couple things that I noticed as issues and contradictory to the sales post. Should I just see if I can find someone in town to fix it? Should I file a dispute through RWI? I’ve read enough and it seems like common sense to definitely NEVER file through PayPal, unless directed to by the head RWI manager. I honestly would just like the seller to respond and maybe give me some insight. I would rather not have to escalate this.

I assume you're referring to this sale:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/7150505-uboat-7750-panerai-569-7750

If there are real problems with the watches, if the seller is not responding - unfavourably or not at all, then contact a senior Mod by PM - Raddave or Yllekp and explain concisely and precisely what the problems are.

Reactions: pdrobles

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Tommyv5 is a good seller, but a man of few words. I think he primarily logs on only when he is buying and selling. I imagine he just hasn't seen your PMs, but he was online 10/15/18. As Trip suggested, open a helpdesk ticket.

pdrobles

2/7/16
Tommyv5 is a good seller, but a man of few words. I think he primarily logs on only when he is buying and selling. I imagine he just hasn't seen your PMs, but he was online 10/15/18. As Trip suggested, open a helpdesk ticket.

Thank you for your response. I will wait to hear from him. Much appreciated.

pdrobles

2/7/16
I assume you're referring to this sale:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/7150505-uboat-7750-panerai-569-7750

If there are real problems with the watches, if the seller is not responding - unfavourably or not at all, then contact a senior Mod by PM - Raddave or Yllekp and explain concisely and precisely what the problems are.

Sorry, I didn’t mention any names to try and not throw anyone under the bus and keep my question somewhat anonymous.

Reactions: Katarsis

pdrobles

2/7/16
Sorry, I didn’t mention any names to try and not throw anyone under the bus and keep my question somewhat anonymous.

Still really new to this.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Still really new to this.

As Tucker said, give him a couple of days to reply - he must be logging in obviously . . . if he doesn't answer, contact a senior Mod.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Best way is to take out a support ticket at The RWI Help Desk here: www.rwihelp.com
A member of staff will then assist in turn.

pdrobles

2/7/16
Well, a little update. I still haven’t heard from seller but I opened up the watch and found a tiny screw stuck in the mechanism. I’m still learning all the parts names but it is now keeping time. I also fixed the strap buckle of the other so that it’s not falling out. It seems it may be missing a section of the buckle through bolt. Not completely sure yet.

Thanks again to everyone for their input and I will definitely keep this info saved for future reference.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Well, a little update. I still haven’t heard from seller but I opened up the watch and found a tiny screw stuck in the mechanism. I’m still learning all the parts names but it is now keeping time. I also fixed the strap buckle of the other so that it’s not falling out. It seems it may be missing a section of the buckle through bolt. Not completely sure yet.

Thanks again to everyone for their input and I will definitely keep this info saved for future reference.

I'm happy for you, anyways i suggest to contact the member anyways, even if the watch works now :)

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

That screw needs to be put back where it belongs in the movement - it's probably a tab screw.

pdrobles

2/7/16
Yes, that was my plan. Although, right now non of my screw drivers fit it and it’s actually from the balance wheel (not sure the exact name yet) that spins. It is 1/3 screws screws that secure the tripods (again my own ignorance). I’m assuming it will throw it off balance a little.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yes, that was my plan. Although, right now non of my screw drivers fit it and it’s actually from the balance wheel (not sure the exact name yet) that spins. It is 1/3 screws screws that secure the tripods (again my own ignorance). I’m assuming it will throw it off balance a little.

Not very clear but I assume you mean it's 1 of the 3 screws on the central rotor (half moon shaped thing in the middle which rotates) ; You can buy a set of watch makers screw drivers on Amazon/eBay for $10, not Swiss grade quality but they'll be fine for tightening up the odd screw from time to time.

Tommyv5

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/2/07
I have not been on RWI as much due to some health issues and real life issues.I missed all of this,I did contact the buyer and I offered to do whatever it takes to make this transaction right. Full refund,partial refund,repair whatever the buyer wants.

Thank you,
TV5

pdrobles

2/7/16
We have been in contact and are getting everything squared away. Thanks for the response Tommyv5

Reactions: RobLive7 and efajri