• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Convert 14060 to 16610, or maybe not

frankfrankfrank

Horology Curious
10/8/17
Hey y'all, I'm pretty new here. I just picked up my first ever rep, a 14060 (maybe a 14060m) with an a2813 movement. This is a cheap watch with a cheap movement. I was wondering what to look out for.

I've read that replacing an a2813 is preferred over servicing, where do I get one? If the movement dies and I decide to get a better movement, what will work as a drop in?

I've read that the 14060 reps are just 16610's with a no-date dial (which is not what a genuine 14060 is, the geometry is different). Can I just get a 16610 dial and drop it in? Assuming the movement still has a date wheel.

What gen parts will fit on this watch in case I want to mod it?

Thanks all

greenfishlamp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/18
What wont work: Gen Hands, Dial, Movement (all due to the fact the watch is ETA based)

What will work: Gen Bracelet, Gen Bezel, Gen Bezel Insert, Gen Crystal, - IMO ARF has done such a good job replicating these parts I think it would be a waste of money. Gen parts are very expensive.