• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian customs/shipping

MLJS

Horology Curious
10/6/18
Australia
Hello all,

New to the rep game but I have a couple gens Tag and Rolex been on RWI for a month now doing lots of reading and am ready to pick up a rep. Probably looking to get a ARF Sea-Dweller 126600 from pure time and then a super Franken from m2m sale shortly after which will be a blue/gold sub ...I m located in Australia my main question is what issues are people having if any getting reps though au customs ??

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Loving the forum some great stuff for those willing to spend some time reading. From what I have seen on here it will save u a lot of problems and save you the embarrassment of asking silly questions, a wealth of information and some really great people..

Thanks all

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

MLJS

Horology Curious
10/6/18
Australia
Hello all,

New to the rep game but I have a couple gens Tag and Rolex been on RWI for a month now doing lots of reading and am ready to pick up a rep. Probably looking to get a ARF Sea-Dweller 126600 from pure time and then a super Franken from m2m sale shortly after which will be a blue/gold sub ...I m located in Australia my main question is what issues are people having if any getting reps though au customs ??

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Loving the forum some great stuff for those willing to spend some time reading. From what I have seen on here it will save u a lot of problems and save you the embarrassment of asking silly questions, a wealth of information and some really great people..

Thanks all

Sent from the RWI App

Raddave ??

Sent from the RWI App

Blackjack

Known Member
27/7/16
Australian customs doesn't give two fucks unless you are importing fruit.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I don't think there are any specific problems, unless there's some fruit inside the watch.

Nivka will know more.

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
I’ve never had a problem (3 reps and 1 rep bracelet from a TD in China to Sydney) except a bracelet got turned around and sent back to the dealer, who then reposted it a 2nd time with no problems - not sure if that was a declaration problem or what.

AFAIK Australian customs can seize and destroy replicas, and you can get taken to court by the company at their discretion.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I’ve never had a problem with around 30 rep watches shipped to me in Australia from overseas (nor with around 20 non watch rep items). I did hear of a m2m from USA to here getting held up in customs, so it’s not impossible, but from my experience not a factor.

Youre more likely to lose it shipping back to China if it’s faulty. Get it fixed locally wherever possible

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
We have customs?

borg3_16

Looking Around
21/11/15
with the whole GST on low import goods kicking in from 1st July, do you think this would increase the chances of customs checking?

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
As I understand it, the GST on low value imports is an obligation imposed at the platform level (i.e. Amazon or eBay), as opposed on a vendor or import level. I don't think it applies to small foreign vendors who are not on an electronic platform (like our TDs) and is unlikely to itself result in increased customs scrutiny in our area.

bfield

Horology Curious
10/7/18
As I understand it, the GST on low value imports is an obligation imposed at the platform level (i.e. Amazon or eBay), as opposed on a vendor or import level. I don't think it applies to small foreign vendors who are not on an electronic platform (like our TDs) and is unlikely to itself result in increased customs scrutiny in our area.
I hope it is handled this way! Then again they probably weren't given any additional funding to scrutinise the millions of small parcels that come through the border every year

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

borg3_16

Looking Around
21/11/15

I thought it'll be treated like how over $1000 goods were, i.e. held in customs until you've paid the duty

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
I thought it'll be treated like how over $1000 goods were, i.e. held in customs until you've paid the duty

Nah, that would be completely unworkable for the customs and postal services. That's why they are putting the obligation on the platform providers to collect and remit GST.

dolsonlelan

Looking Around
13/7/20
I will start off by apologizing if this isn't the right location for this post. I tried to search for similar topics, but couldn't find anything for my specific questions and then I found this. I was about to buy Rolex overseas but wondered if it's possible to ship now that there is a pandemic going on?

dolsonlelan

Looking Around
13/7/20
To answer your question, unexpected additional duty fees is the most common issue people are having. I have thankfully avoided this problem since I made sure to get help with ACC customs clearance in Sydney, but one big problem that can arise is when international customers order items is they can be subject to unexpected additional Customs duties.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
To answer your question, unexpected additional duty fees is the most common issue people are having. I have thankfully avoided this problem since I made sure to get help with ACC customs clearance in Sydney, but one big problem that can arise is when international customers order items is they can be subject to unexpected additional Customs duties.

Did you just refer to yourself in the second person?!

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
Once the watch arrives in Sydney, if it needs seeing to by a local watch-maker due to issues in transit etc, who are some good local watchmakers that are friendly when it comes to reps?