• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Going to Guangzhou

juggernaught09

Horology Curious
9/6/18
Hello all,

I'm heading up to Guangzhou in two week's time. Read about on our sister forums that buying a rep in guangzhou is gonna be a pain in the a$$.

No doubt that will be true. Firstly, as a newbie to the rep scene, it is unlikely that I will have sufficient knowledge to differentiate between the top quality reps and regular low quality street reps.

Secondly, given the enormous amount of shops and watches that I'll need to sift through, it's more likely than not that I'll be conned.

Anyone knows where exactly to look for top quality reps in guangzhou? Or am I better off just sticking to the TDs?

Also are there places where I can get good straps I'm guangzhou as well?

Xx_Dofe_xX

Horology Curious
23/5/18
It’ll be a lot of fun to go to the markets and see all of the displays. There are rooms tucked away with quality goods but if you want peace of mind just stick to TD.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
I have not been to Guangzhou, but I been to china bunch of times.
Reps are easily accessible.
I hear Chinese government are cracking down a little, but I went to subway station in Beijing and found them easily enough.
They have tourist malls with tons of replica shoes-bags-clothes etc in shenzhen (hope i spell that right, the city right above hong kong)

Just have an idea of which watches you want. read up on the forum of the flaws and markers to look for.
and compare the replica vs the good replica specs.

don't pretend you have a lot of money, and bargain like hell, example if they ask $100 bucks. you can start around $25.. don't feel embarrassed PERFECTLY acceptable.
there is a guy on youtube who posts videos on how he bargains for crap at these rep stores.
I find that to be mostly true every time i visit. If they pretend not to understand english when negotiating, don't fall for it.
the main guy selling the you junk understands english damn well.

on side note if this is your first time.
don't get into unmarked cabs/cars. Use DiDi (uber in china) if you can't read chinese to use public transportation. THERE ARE LITTLE TO NO ENGLISH SIGNS
bu yong le xie xie . means no thank you, or Mei you bascially means don't want, dont need. if anyone walks up to you and asks for anything or sells you crap, run away from them.

damn im rambling. if you need any help. just pm me.

enjoy your trip! try the peking duck and smoked pork. and take yuan (cash). everyone uses wechat pay, but you won't be able to set that up

Reactions: phdsjain

juggernaught09

Horology Curious
9/6/18
Thanks for the tips. I'm more concerned really about finding the good reps. Like the ones the td are able to get. I'm an overseas born Chinese so I've no problems with the language at all. I can even speak several dialects. I've also got alipay set up and loaded. I've a PRC friend with me as well so I hope it's all gonna go well.

If you're headed up to guangzhou, they're really famous for their dim sum. Please try it if you get there.

Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to find my ALS datograph there.

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
Hi Bro...I posted somewhere else...about the Guangzhou trip.

You will find a single mall, selling a particular item (like shoes, all shoes) (lady clothes, all lady clothes)

when you get to the watch mall, you will see all of it in fornt your eyes. Ask them, if they have a showroom with the good stuff. (not all will have)
From them on, you have to keep asking them to show you the top stuff, keep asking, they will take you to showroom, take out suitcase...blablabla...

Then you can compare, and see properly.

Best of luck ! if you there, help me get something also hahaha

hiwhatsup12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/18
stick with TDs. what you will get on the local markets are lower tier reps being sold at higher prices, especially if the seller knows you are a tourist. you need a very good bargaining skill because the price can be cut down to like 20% of the original price.

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
stick with TDs. what you will get on the local markets are lower tier reps being sold at higher prices, especially if the seller knows you are a tourist. you need a very good bargaining skill because the price can be cut down to like 20% of the original price.

You'd better ask for help from a aborigin, othrewise we are very difficulty to get what we need as the government officers rummaged the copy everyday.

juggernaught09

Horology Curious
9/6/18

I'm eyeing an ALS datograph and since even the best ones are pretty off, I'm gonna go try and game it.