• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 498 quick date set? And manual winding?

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
c2183642517bedc92e2ea3daa12a4fbc.jpg

Hi gents just wondering with my Pam 498 there is no quick date set is this right ? Is this the case with gen as well? The only way for me to set the date was to wind the hour hand.

Also understand that it’s an automatic is it still possible to also wind the watch using the crown? it’s my first rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It should be using a 7750, which can be manually wound and has a quick set date function. The crown should have two stops when pulled, the first is the quick set second is time set with hacking.

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
I tried multiple times I don’t think it has a quick set

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I tried multiple times I don’t think it has a quick set

Gently pull the crown. There should be two stops. The Panerai crown guard can sometimes make pulling the crown awkward. Otherwise, use the lever to slowly push the crown back in. That should help you find the quick set date. Post a video on Vimeo and link it so I can see what and how you are pulling it. Yes there is a course always a possibility your keyless has an issue but it's unlikely.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Indeed, due to the crownguard it isn’t that easy to get it in the right position. Be very gentle tho’ and don’t turn the crown while it’s inbetween functions.