• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which version ARF Rolex Deep Sea Dweller Should I Choose?

CDP126

Looking Around
8/3/18
Hello Forum,

I’m interested in purchasing an ARF replica of the Rolex Deep Sea Dweller from InTime & they have 2 different movement options. Either the A2826 or 3135. Which one would you recommend & why? Thanks for your help.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
A2836 - you can have it fixed it if it breaks or drop in a real ETA.

highrisedrifter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Blimey. I was going to ask this exact question in here.

I've found the same ARF DSSD on Puretime with two different movements (A2824 and SH3135) and as it's my first rep, people seem to be saying go for the A2824 as it's a workhorse movement and easily and more cheaply fixable and ideal for a first rep. It's also slightly cheaper too.

I have learned that the A2824 is the A2836 without the day function and the SH3135 is more 'gen like' with regards to setting time and crown position.

The thing is, the ARF DSSD on Puretime lists the same external dimensions for the watch for both mechanisms, and they also use the same photos. Is this them cutting corners for ease, or do the two mechanisms share identical watch dimensions (I understand the differences in movement side inside)?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I would go with the A2836

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
I would go with the A2836

Same here. I have read the 3135 is not as reliable. Unless you are adding Gen parts, the A2826 should be fine. I have never had one fail going on four years. All my REPs work except the Coke which has a stuck bezel and no auto winder. Waiting to send to repair to Strodda when he gets an opening.

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
Hello Forum,

I’m interested in purchasing an ARF replica of the Rolex Deep Sea Dweller from InTime & they have 2 different movement options. Either the A2826 or 3135. Which one would you recommend & why? Thanks for your help.

Don't get the 3135. No one is ever going to ask you to open your watch to see your copy 3135 movement. The A2826 is cheaper and more reliable.

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
Blimey. I was going to ask this exact question in here.

I've found the same ARF DSSD on Puretime with two different movements (A2824 and SH3135) and as it's my first rep, people seem to be saying go for the A2824 as it's a workhorse movement and easily and more cheaply fixable and ideal for a first rep. It's also slightly cheaper too.

I have learned that the A2824 is the A2836 without the day function and the SH3135 is more 'gen like' with regards to setting time and crown position.

The thing is, the ARF DSSD on Puretime lists the same external dimensions for the watch for both mechanisms, and they also use the same photos. Is this them cutting corners for ease, or do the two mechanisms share identical watch dimensions (I understand the differences in movement side inside)?

It's the same watch. You just have a choice of what movement you would like inside it. Having a different movement won't affect the outside dimensions or appearance of the watch. Hope I'm not misunderstanding your question. The ONLY reason you would get the 3135 is because you want it to be as close of a copy as possible - but even then, you will never see the movement. Better to get the 2824 as people have suggested - proven - cheaper - reliable - easily repaired/replaced.