• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member seeking help understanding quality expectations

JDnTexas

Known Member
20/11/17
I would also suggest that first time buyers prepare yourself to either 1. Send your watch back to China for repair (at your own cost and risk; and MONTHS of wait time) or 2. Pay for a servicing by a watch smith in your country.

The q.c. on these Chinese made reps is terrible and the likelihood of your watch needing a tune up soon if not right away are unfortunately high.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I would also suggest that first time buyers prepare yourself to either 1. Send your watch back to China for repair (at your own cost and risk; and MONTHS of wait time) or 2. Pay for a servicing by a watch smith in your country.

The q.c. on these Chinese made reps is terrible and the likelihood of your watch needing a tune up soon if not right away are unfortunately high.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

It's certainly better to try to sort out any problems with a watch without returning it to the TD, however, most people who've been into rep watches for a while will agree that DOA or watches that quickly develop problems are in fact fairly rare - I'd put the figure at around 5, maybe 10 % - so one out of every 10, or 20 watches you buy may possibly have a problem either on arrival, or soon after.
If you find that unacceptable then stick to the lower end branded watches.