• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP movements

taint it sweet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/17
I’m considering an AP ROO. I bought a Panerai 312 and people said at some point the movement might need to be serviced by someone on here. While it’s running fine now, that’s in the back of my head. Now that I’m thinking about the AP, I wanted to know if that was more or less common with these watches that the Panerai or some of the other reps.

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
What ROO are you looking for specifically? The chronos are notoriously unreliable, I would get them instantly serviced. The Diver is fine OOTB though :)

taint it sweet

16/10/17
Bump. I was just wanting to see if anyone could give me a little more information on servicing this.

STL_Brad

Horology Curious
5/8/17
Check out the TD section. They have several watch makers and service people listed. I've been communicating with Strodda trying to get my AP ROO serviced. He has been quick to respond to my questions and helpful so far!

Mickey w

20/7/14
I have several AP chronos and they seem to be hit or miss as far as reliability goes. 3 have worked fine sense day one 2 crapped out. One of which I has serviced and works great now.

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
There is quite a lot of info on this topic. Search bar is your friend. Essentially the a7750 movement is pretty good, but the sec@12 transfer gears is where the movement is let down. I have had four AP's with sec@12 and two have had no issues, one performed well for 18 months then needed attention (it's getting a movement swap) and one right of the bat is running fine but has stuttering sec@12 so is going to get a service when I get other mods done. There are a few people here that can service sec@12 movements. Some reading up should point you in the right direction, and once you've done a big of digging, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: sierra-tango

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Thanks for that insight, bkg!
Interesting to see track records of those movements, based on customer experience. Much appreciated. :)

taint it sweet

16/10/17
Thank you. I’ve tried searching “AP not working” and stuff like that. I’ll keep looking.