• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob to Noob: welcome and getting to know the rep culture...

D

d4m.test

This is one of the great thread I’ve stumbled upon as a newbie on these forums.

repIWCone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/18
This should be required reading for all noobs. Well done! Overall theme: patience and realistic expectations.

alexdazio

1/6/18
Hi to everybody.

In various Rolex Submariner rep discussions, I found the term Regmariner. As far as I understand, it is used to describe a cheap but not that bad, acceptable rep.

That said, what does the term exactly mean? REG(ular rep Sub)MARINER?

Is it specific to a certain type of watch or seller? Just out of curiosity.

I used the search function before writing this post, but wasn't able to find a clear definition.

Thank you for any clarification!

ViralBurrito

9/6/16
USA
Hi to everybody.

In various Rolex Submariner rep discussions, I found the term Regmariner. As far as I understand, it is used to describe a cheap but not that bad, acceptable rep.

That said, what does the term exactly mean? REG(ular rep Sub)MARINER?

Is it specific to a certain type of watch or seller? Just out of curiosity.

I used the search function before writing this post, but wasn't able to find a clear definition.

Thank you for any clarification!

Regmariner is a submariner from the TD Narikaa, or Reg. Hence the name regmariner.

Reactions: Raddave

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Hi,

Great site and resource! I am interested in getting the Rolex Hulk. From the little research on this site I have seen already, it seems that the Noob V9 with the 3135 is a good choice. I found it available on the site www.noob.com. Is he a reputable seller? I did not see his site on the "trusted dealers" site. If not, can some of you recommend someone else to me? Some of the links on the TD site are no longer good...
Thanks!

Bails78

19/7/18
United Kingdom, London
Good Morning Guys,

So am new to this whole Rep game, but have done some reading prior to posting in here. But I have seen that there a few watches that have garnered a solid reputation for being very High Quality Reps, namely a Thomas Cadell (TC build), and a Noob V6s 3135. SO my question is a sort of checklist of what to ask a TD when buying a Rep to get as close to these legendary reps as possible
  • Should one ask a TD to brush or redo the SEL?
  • Replace Xtal with a genuine or very high quality after market XTAL
  • Install a Genuine DW
  • And insist upon a a 3135 movt or Swiss ETA 2836
  • Grease the watch?
I can't think of anything else of the top of my head but these are the ones that stick out to me and please senior members, Reps, TD's or Mods please chime in with opinion.

Thanks,

Lilpanda

Horology Curious
6/12/18
Awesome write-up. Really fortunate to have found RWI before pulling the trigger on my first rep.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Thank you. This was were helpful.

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
For all those thinking of purchases from Trusted Dealers the Chinese New Year means they are shut for appx 1 week i believe.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Good Morning Guys,

So am new to this whole Rep game, but have done some reading prior to posting in here. But I have seen that there a few watches that have garnered a solid reputation for being very High Quality Reps, namely a Thomas Cadell (TC build), and a Noob V6s 3135. SO my question is a sort of checklist of what to ask a TD when buying a Rep to get as close to these legendary reps as possible
  • Should one ask a TD to brush or redo the SEL?
  • Replace Xtal with a genuine or very high quality after market XTAL
  • Install a Genuine DW
  • And insist upon a a 3135 movt or Swiss ETA 2836
  • Grease the watch?
I can't think of anything else of the top of my head but these are the ones that stick out to me and please senior members, Reps, TD's or Mods please chime in with opinion.

Thanks,

Should one ask a TD to brush or redo the SEL? They wont
Replace Xtal with a genuine or very high quality after market XTAL They wont
Install a Genuine DW They wont
And insist upon a a 3135 movt or Swiss ETA 2836 They Might
Grease the watch? they might

Reactions: Bails78