• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob to Noob: welcome and getting to know the rep culture...

Lastleg69

Looking Around
5/2/19
Hi guys. I've been a member for a while but mostly satisfy my curiosity by reading what everyone has to say. I purchased a rep submariner bluesy about a year ago from a local jeweler that has a back-door rep trade going on (good for him.) I paid $550 for it and it seems like a pretty nice watch. I'd really be curious to find out which the factory it. came from. Any tells that I can look for? I've had some bracelet issues- I finally got sick of it falling of my wrist and bought a cheap bracelet off of Etsy for about $60... the color is wrong and glide lock is crap. I'd like to find a solid aftermarket bracelet. Everything that I've read so far leads me to understand that ARF makes a nice bracelet. I suppose that I should just jump into the TD page and find one that is willing to sell me a bracelet. Any recommendations for a dealer that will sell parts?

Just as an interesting little tidbit- I found this on an Amazon search today... Noob for sale on amazon. Ha ha ha...

https://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Subma...755340&sprefix=rolex+sum,aps,148&sr=8-47&th=1

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Lastleg69 It is always a challenge to get the TD's to sell parts. I have been successful in getting parts when I order a watch from the same factory that I want the part from. Prior to this approach, they said no. You may have better luck with M2M. You can also post on WTB "Want to Buy"

Last edited:
Reactions: Skillerkot

Dr_Manhattan

Horology Curious
2/12/20
Ontario
Another amazingly helpful thread! In just the few days I've been here I've learned more than I imagined possible. Just off the bat I understood how lucky I was to have never pulled the trigger for a piece of crap, and then to have found RWI as my interest really peaked. My brother has been though several reps, and each one turned out to be garbage - not just died soon, but bits coming off the face of the watch, revealing a few spots of glue that held them on. He sent me a few pics recently, and they were painful to see.

I've already completely reevaluated my own direction - had started out thinking about a big PAM, but now understand how clunky and wrong they'd look on me. That realization led me to remember that what first led me to look at reps was the Bond films starting with Brosnan and my first look at Omegas, especially Planet Oceans.

Bond fan, 42mm about right for my wrist, quality Omega reps by the score out there - a no-brainer as it turns out. All thanks to the reams of information here. Right now Christmas is looming, but when the dust and fruitcake crumbs have settled I'll get serious about this. Thanks to all here for their contributions, and happy holidays!

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Dr_Manhattan Welcome to RWI. Be aware of Chinese holidays. You have Chinese New Year starting Feb 11th to 17th. These are the official dates, but people start the largest migration early and return later if they can't get train tickets. Nothing happens during this time. If you order a watch in early February, it is slim to none that you will see the watch in February,

Reactions: Dr_Manhattan

Rohlex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/20
yeah I was looking into Reps from a youtube video showing what i know know to be a VSF omega seamaster vs Gen.

and the first site I got onto was RWI feel quite lucky about this.

So sad to be the ones who had to learn about swiss a++++++ super nova replication rolex's

Chopard1

Horology Curious
29/7/14
Some really great and useful information here!
I’m learning more everyday, thanks everyone for the excellent input.

indyrepgeek812

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Longtime listener, first time poster LOL. Great post, I've had a few reps over the past years, they've been great, really starting to learn more about different quality reps, and whats referred to as Frankensteins, which is interesting to me. Onward!

Sommelier36

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/22
EUROPEAN
Ciao un saluto a tutta la comunità.
e la prima volta che scrivo, non so se e la sezione giusta, sto cercando repliche rolex per smontarle e personalizzarle. Chi e un buon venditore con buoni prezzi?

AZRolex

Horology Curious
26/6/19
I think my most favorite take away is if you want it to be perfect buy an original lol..

Skillerkot

Horology Curious
30/4/22
Have been member of other forums, however first time here. I am really enjoying it, loads for stuff to read. Hopefully soon I move forward with a purchase. Still need more information in general so will keep on reading.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: tkingjr

tastybag3ls

Looking Around
6/5/22
Super entertaining read - one of the unexpected things that I've noticed while reading here is that it's possible I'll be able to have a relationship with a TD that I actually enjoy rather than just struggling through the purchase with them. Looking forward to having that relationship.

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Great read and invaluable introductory information for any newbie. As hinted in the thread, there's 2 characteristics that will make your life in this world easier: patience (and keep your chills when the fingers start itching) and politeness, a please and thank you will go a long way to gain respect and appreciation. This is valid for the outer world, too, just sad that it's becoming ever more rare to encounter it.
Thanks OP

Reactions: P..DR..D