• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob to Noob: welcome and getting to know the rep culture...

Prado25

Known Member
27/7/15
Late to the party, but wanted to add that, as another noob, I think the post very well-written and informative while at the same time a fun read. After the read, I wondered what happened to the OP after 2009 and why no RWI sales. All posts seem to have been in 2009 and then...?

lolvualz

Looking Around
5/8/15
well iv found some nice watches at http://www.intime.co/
I wanted to ask whats the procedure to ordering a watch?

so I choose a watch
send an email requesting stock confirm
order
get qc images
confirm
get watch

any help on this will be great :balloon:

Okie1991

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/15
I appreciate the information provided in this post, it has given insight to what goes on in the "rep world"

Offy

Horology Curious
6/12/15
In reference to OP....I almost pulled the trigger on a few reps from random websites over the past year or two as well... so glad I found this forum!

DJ-Pir

4/1/16
Netherlands
The Eddie Lee part was VERY entertaining and indeed a must-read for newbies (like myself)

Thanks for all the advice and wise words i find here at RWi :punk:

Greetz, Peter

psyphyc

Renowned Member
18/11/15
Super post OP. The post accurately captured my own mindset, insecurities and experiences before, and right after, finding this site. So glad one of my coworkers pointed me here. I've been devouring all the info on these threads like crazy the last few days. Cheers!

21spike0

21/4/16
Some inspirational words and lessons on here. So glad I came across this awesome site. Taking the plunge with a TD from here for my next U Boat. Feel confident it will go better know I have this forum as reference point.:greedy:

vavek

Horology Curious
26/4/16
I am glad I found this place. I have been wanting a rep for a long time, mostly because I do not want to pay for the gen. I bought my wife a gen datejust when she got a huge promotion to director . I felt like she earned that. however, I do not warrant a $10k gen watch. I also, do not expect a $200 rep to be 100% 1:1 fool everyone and be perfect, if you do, then your expectations are way too high. stop and think about what you are purchasing. You wouldnt go purchase a pontiac fiero rebody kit to look like a lambo and expect the car to perform like a supercar just because it looks like one. From what I have seen from the TD pics and such, most of these reps would fool almost anyone that is not a collector or dealer themselves. That should be enough for you. The hot chick working the cash register at the supermarket will not know the difference, either will the bar tender or the random hot chick at the bar. If that is the reason you are purchasing a rep that is. Me, I love the watches. I love the machinery. I want to have a collection of nice watches and I refuse to pay tens of thousands each for them.

claudiobravo

Horology Curious
11/5/16
Great Post for noobs! Really has opened my eyes to Replica watches even more. But would like to add that even some "cheaper" watches, like Zenith are simply almost impossible to copy, especially El Primero with open case, because, obviously, movement is different and every one will see that.

But on the other side, almost any one with small and precise CNC machine and some basic knowledge about engraving and metal forging can make really decent Panerai, Rolex, etc :)
Just that ceramic can be an issue, but don't forget that our Chinese friend invent ceramics :)