• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob to Noob: welcome and getting to know the rep culture...

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
I am a Noob Savant at this point and appreciate the tip. It will take some time and patience to figure my way around the site and the vast quantity of information.

haha great 1st post mate.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Good read thanks. This forum seems somewhat intimidating, albeit full of awesome information, so it`s useful to have something to help.

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
This is what I think: "run run far away and dont look back, your bank account will tha...hmm i wonder if I should wear my new datejust 2 or my PAM111 to dinner later?"

yknihc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/11
That post was both informative and hilarious haha. Thanks for that detailed info and putting everything in perspective. I was getting so worked up about reading about rehauts, movements, abbreviations, ETA's, etc that I forgot why I was interested in the first place - for the fun of it.

Good point reminding us noobs that dealers are people too and not to get too antsy :) I'm going to enjoy my time here on RWI.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I happen to bump into this site while looking for review of a particular (scam) site. Glad to be here =)

StarsBoysfan

Horology Curious
3/1/12
What an informative read!! Also very funny, and a reminder to keep things in perspective as we get going in this adventure!

pvaglue22

Horology Curious
20/2/11
Another new guy here. I've been reading this forum for awhile and its been fantastic. I'm now ready to take the plunge and get some reps and do a little modding.

joeyjojojnr

Horology Curious
3/2/12
Hi, just signed up after nearly buying a rep from a website I thought would be fairly safe (amatory-store) <(can I post that?).

Read quite a few positive reviews but had a feeling that these rep watch review sites were created by the scammers themselves and could I believe that the buyer reviews were legit too?. The website I went on was all professionally layed out, they accepted mastercard and and a sales rep even started a web chat with me, But something didn't feel right.
I did some more searching and thankfully ended up on this forum. I don't know why I didn't do a search for 'rep watch forums', maybe because I thought this hobby was some underground shady scene and the only way to find a good dealer was to take the plunge and hope for the best.

Now I'm here, a member and already this place has opened my eyes. I hope to find some quality purchases that won't fall apart/stop working after a month.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Hello,

I am new to this game. Hopefully, it'll be a fun and exciting one.

23e Heure

13/5/12
Well, this is my first post on here, and it looks like I read the right first thread for a noob!

I was scammed buying a rep Tag Monaco about 10 years ago, and that scared me off almost for good.

But when honeymooning in Vietnam 4 years ago I picked up three pretty good B&R reps, which restored my faith in the potential quality I could get... if only I knew where to look.

And now it seems I've found the most helpful and confidence inspiring forum out there.

I'm now on a search for a good rep of one of these: http://www.watchclub.com/w3698/pro-hunter-milgauss-total-matt

Seen one over at puretime that looks pretty decent, even if it doesn't quite achieve the 'matt all over' style of the genuine watch.

About to dip my toes... wish me luck!

franlicious

18/12/13
I read this article and all responses and still didnt see who the best dealer is and where I can get the best sub.....jk ha ha . Great post. Poor dealers - I bet they get sh(*&t all the time for nothing. Am thankful for RWI and all they offer. Cheers!

Grom1987

7/9/14
Amazing forum and community! Searched high and low for a rep in Thailand while on vaca, but had no idea what I was looking for in details so I didn't pull the trigger. Stumbled on this website after almost buying one from a shady website but hesitated to the fact I had that feeling... So I started my search for a forum with maybe a credible website recommendation and what I found here was way beyond my expectations. Found a new addiction and about to pull the trigger on a bk mod. Thanks everyone for the great write ups and classic burns on people ....

Champagne iH

4/1/14
If you are ever in Vietnam again Nembo is a dealer and former admin in RepGeek. Some reps and gens are assembled in Vietnam. Nembo is a good guy to ask for a bit of advice from.

I've bought some Gens from duty free places and upon opening I've found tiny sticker saying assembled in Thailand or Vietnam. Not shady places either. Places with many boutiques. I guess they don't fall under EU/Swiss laws or US laws. Little Switzerland and Columbian Emeralds. Many grey market watches in warehouse stores are also assembled by gen people, just not in Switzerland. Different warranties too.

Nembo

Horology Curious
30/12/11
Just to be a little more specific....nembo is still the administrator of RepGeek and i don't live in Vietnam...:D
Also thank you for calling me a good guy,much appreciated.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Reactions: element79

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11