Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob to Noob: welcome and getting to know the rep culture...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest the reason I didn't get scammed was because I thought a good rep would cost about $500-$1500. So I saw sites listing at $100 with $20 off. Searching review after review I found a site that had them for like $350. And then I saw on check out western union. It SCREAMED scam and I was like ok let's keep researching. The site ended up being reputable. But, still western union scares me haha. Not to mention the 500 million sites that set up forums just to lure people into their scams.

Comment

Your flashing my experience, hahahaha. had the same idea on a rep costing around the 1000 - 1500. And did post my bid in replicaco but didnt receive an answer and start some research. Turn out that i found the rippof.... and some other pages telling some nasty things about them.
      I guess I have to start all over again.
      For a start i guess that i have read like 10 noobie posts in here. That's a start.

Comment

zues, angel, yeah we've all been there to some degree or other.

you've found a rep haven here. you're part of a strong community now, whose mods n members seek to protect us all as buyers n watch lovers. buy w/ confidence from the trusted dealers; especially the ones that rank/rated well. buyer reviews as well are the best read on the most current performance of the dealers.
        sigpic

Comment

Just starting in the world of rep and have had very similar experiences to the earlier posters but i'm pleased to say i stumbled on this site which saved me undoubtedly being ripped off and answering so many questions (but also giving rise to many new ones which i'm in the process of searching the forum for, for answers). Many thanks to the OP and others in the forum who have helped me to realise that i'm not the only one - and that i will get there in the end!
          Reps: Omega UPO - orange bezel, ss
          Tag Carrera Day/Date Black ss

Next on wish list: Breitling SOSF - white dial

Comment

I have similar stories; tried to look into rep's, found all the "review sites", and something just didn't jive - got nervous and never pulled the trigger. Found a reference to Andrew's article on Breitling Nav's on my RSS feed, and found this site. WAAAY too much information, still spending hours a day just trying to read and learn.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a PAM 111h from DT4me and a GMT from PT-swiss and now playing the waiting game for them to get here..... I think THAT'S the hardest part - the waiting.... Greg guaranteed 10 days, I'm on day 10 today - and I think I'm going to lose my mind watching for the mail truck!!! AAAAAAA!!!!

Just wanted to say a giant THANK YOU to everyone who posts here, and for remembering that everyone was a noob once. We're all fascinated and in love with watches - we just want to learn and are scared of getting scammed..

Thanks again EVERYONE!!!
            I don't like small cars or real big women,
            but somehow I always find myself in them.
            - - - - Robert James Ritchie

Comment

Thanks a bunch for this post. I too have unwittingly stumbled across this site, and thank god I did. I almost pulled the trigger on some bad buys

The reviews and having a lot of people state how their dealings were make me trust it alot better and where to buy.

...Because this is all too elaborate to be set up just to lull me into a false confidence to buy from a certain group of dealers lol.....so it must be a real review site, with real reviews

Thanks
              Gens:
              Giantto Titanic II
              Giantto Titanic III
              Giantto Titanic Crystal
              Invictas:
              Invicta 6062
              Invicta 7035 Ocean Ghost II
              Invicta 6401 Lupah Special Edition

Reps:
              Still a virgin, but hopefully I will change that soon!

Comment

Hello

this is my first post
                regards from Switzerland
                LokoW
                LO KO W

Comment

Gread writeup. I stumbled upon this place from trying to find some PAM reps. I recently bought some sterile ones from recommendations from watchuseek and it left me wanting more! I hope to add a couple of reps and I'm happy to have found this fora

Comment

Glad to be here

I too stumbled across this forum in a daze of websited that just didnt seem right Iam glad to be here

Comment

I am a Noob Savant at this point and appreciate the tip. It will take some time and patience to figure my way around the site and the vast quantity of information.

Comment

Originally posted by southie2213, post: 590946
                        I am a Noob Savant at this point and appreciate the tip. It will take some time and patience to figure my way around the site and the vast quantity of information.
                        haha great 1st post mate.
                        sigpic
                        The
                        fugitive chicken still struts on...

=> Vintage Rolex Ultimate Guide Click Here

Comment

Thanks i needed that!

Comment

Good read thanks. This forum seems somewhat intimidating, albeit full of awesome information, so it`s useful to have something to help.
                            Rolex
                            Patek Philippe

Comment

This is what I think: "run run far away and dont look back, your bank account will tha...hmm i wonder if I should wear my new datejust 2 or my PAM111 to dinner later?"

Comment

That post was both informative and hilarious haha. Thanks for that detailed info and putting everything in perspective. I was getting so worked up about reading about rehauts, movements, abbreviations, ETA's, etc that I forgot why I was interested in the first place - for the fun of it.

Good point reminding us noobs that dealers are people too and not to get too antsy I'm going to enjoy my time here on RWI.

Comment

Working...
                                X