• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3777 V6 vs ZF

vladivostok

Horology Curious
15/7/17
Newbie talking here....
So I'm looking to finally pull the trigger on my first watch!

I don't really care about the minor tells at this point, my only real worry is that I'll be receiving a dead timepiece and forever being stuck with a visually pleasing paperweight.

The only question is V6f or ZF?

The V6f is $198 and the ZF is $278, is there anything in terms of reliability that justifies spending 80 dollars more on ZF?
From what i've seen the movement assembly of V6f version seems more robust, but why then is it cheaper?

I appreciate all feedback, cheers!

Rjw252

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/16
What watch are you referring to? Each has their own issues, some more than others.

Rjw252

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/16
Sorry, it's unfortunately not specified on the website but I think It's the triple date 3777-04.
Apparently the v6f has incorrect date font. Not really sure what else. A nice gen date wheel would be nice and fix that issue. Still a big price difference to the zf. I will say this though, ZF has been on point with the last couple of reps I've seen. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in and help out.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Both of those are good reps. I have had a couple of the ZF’s and that’s what I would go with.

vladivostok

Horology Curious
15/7/17
Have you bought from watchoutlet before? THey are a wholesale dealer. No aftersale support, NO CUSTOMS guarantee. If customs seizes your watch you are out of luck. Just fyi

Thanks for your help and giving me the heads up, I've done my homework on this TD and i'm ready to take a chance with them. I've ordered lots of rep clothes and never had them seized so (fingers crossed) the good luck will continue :coax:

JustWandering

18/9/16
Congrats on picking your first of many reps :)

I have the V6F 3777 and it is rock solid.
I just ordered a custom strap for it from Orlorff in Italy.
You will be amazed at the quality of these reps. Prepare to get hooked.

I've had issues with that movement (7750) in another watch. It is quite a complex movement because of the subdials and chrono.

When looking to get a watch with a 7750 in it I would discourage going through WatchOutlet - who i have used many times, but stick to one of the TDs who offer assurances.
I had 2x watches from WatchOutlet turn up dead on arrival.
Both needed a service and fortunately I have access to a good rep friendly watchmaker here. I was fine with that, i suspected the WatchOutlet QC process is a bit 'looser' than others due to their prices. I knew the risks but you may want to try Puretime (their retail arm) or ToroBravo for your first watch.

Any questions just let us know.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JustWandering

18/9/16
Just noticed this was back in December - hope you got a decent 3777!

mrr210

Horology Curious
23/4/18
Congrats on picking your first of many reps :)

I have the V6F 3777 and it is rock solid.
I just ordered a custom strap for it from Orlorff in Italy.
You will be amazed at the quality of these reps. Prepare to get hooked.

I've had issues with that movement (7750) in another watch. It is quite a complex movement because of the subdials and chrono.

When looking to get a watch with a 7750 in it I would discourage going through WatchOutlet - who i have used many times, but stick to one of the TDs who offer assurances.
I had 2x watches from WatchOutlet turn up dead on arrival.
Both needed a service and fortunately I have access to a good rep friendly watchmaker here. I was fine with that, i suspected the WatchOutlet QC process is a bit 'looser' than others due to their prices. I knew the risks but you may want to try Puretime (their retail arm) or ToroBravo for your first watch.

Any questions just let us know.

Do you mind sharing pics of your 3777?

JustWandering

18/9/16
Do you mind sharing pics of your 3777?

8RVzeMo.jpg

nxfRmOe.jpg

warlordofnarnia

Renowned Member
18/1/15
England, Shropshire.
^^^^^^ This is excellent advice. Once you have checked that the movement is workinking correctly, my advice would be to leave the chrono functions well alone. The running seconds are all you really need. If you don't run the chrono, it won't break!