• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex for my dad

Labaan

Horology Curious
11/12/17
Hello!

I have been here reading for about a week now and i decided to buy a rolex submariner for my dad.
i tried to do research and i found this TD called Narikaa and i can't tell if i should by from him or not.
The Rolex he have is cheep and that's why i fell for it.
Can someone help me? is his watches good?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
What is your budget?

D

d4m.test

It´s cheap and good for the price it costs. It´s better than others at the same price point. If You spend more, it gets a lot better: better movement, better looking, better feel.
Imho the Datejust is also a very nice watch - for a Dad.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
about that one Narikaa selling
So you can't use this money better than purchasing from Narikaa.
Not sure what age is your Dad, but Daywatch is probably right that Datejust model should be the better option.

D

d4m.test

So you can't use this money better than purchasing from Narikaa.
Not sure what age is your Dad, but Daywatch is probably right that Datejust model should be the better option.
Okay!

Thank you!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I gifted my dad a Noob v5 LV, he took the watch to a AD and had the bracelet taken off and a NATO fitted. Silly old geezer... :atwitsend::(

:evil:

Reactions: RolieBoy

Dog909

15/10/15
Did the dealer know it was a rep? Did he tell your Dad it was?

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Sometimes 'dealerships' aren't staffed with the cognoscente folks imagine

I once had a friend I'd got a Breitling emergency rep for subsequently take it to an AD !!

Imagine my surprise as he tells me that they sat him down with tea and cakes while the service guy took it out back

Im intrigued as to what will result

But service guy and manager came out ....

with effusive apologies saying their's was only a small branch and was neither authorised or insured to open an emergency!!!

He left with a belly full of cake and a discount coupon ;) (& a snide Emergency with a flat battery)

Reactions: ETAWatchlover

zamberla

Renowned Member
21/6/14
Sometimes 'dealerships' aren't staffed with the cognoscente folks imagine

I once had a friend I'd got a Breitling emergency rep for subsequently take it to an AD !!

Imagine my surprise as he tells me that they sat him down with tea and cakes while the service guy took it out back

Im intrigued as to what will result

But service guy and manager came out ....

with effusive apologies saying their's was only a small branch and was neither authorised or insured to open an emergency!!!

He left with a belly full of cake and a discount coupon ;) (& a snide Emergency with a flat battery)

:rofl::rofl: Awaiting to hear from you about ordering two Day-Dates mate.

bigwigmc

Horology Curious
10/5/17
I would tell your Dad that it is a rep, I know my Dad would still be very thankful for the gift, but it may save your dad some embarrassment down the road.

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
I would tell your Dad that it is a rep, I know my Dad would still be very thankful for the gift, but it may save your dad some embarrassment down the road.

I would tell also. I'm sure he would still appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk