• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC issue - is it my eyes or did they do it for real?

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
Hey guys,

this is my first time asking for you checking on my QCs. Usually I don't do that but this watch is not for me, it's for a friend, so I like to hear some more opinions:

Just got pics for an Omega PO Chrono Titanium. The watch looks all fine besides the marker on 7.

Looks as if they used the wrong sized marker here and just put it a bit higher to make it look longer.

Is it as obvious as I think it is or do my eyes simply need professional help?

Please guys, the marker on Seven is the only thing I question about this watch. All other eventual little flaws are acceptable and not important to me since I treat a rep for what it is: A rep :wink:

Thanks in advance, mates

Chrono

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
b56d1da63461f2229afb851f54cdec98.jpg

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Definitely the wrong marker. I would reject it for that. I think your eyes are just fine lol

bbsw@rren

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/16
^^^^^what he said...no way José would I want that; that's all I'd be staring at LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Dont know if its the wrong size - but i can also confirm that they moved the marker up.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Good eyes, I'd have missed that for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Good eye, chronomate. I don't think I would have spotted that on a QC photo. There are just some things one should be able to take for granted like markers uniformity, even if crooked. I guess not!

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
Sometimes I feel that something they should catch on there own before they send you qc pics

Sent from the RWI mobile app
There are just some things one should be able to take for granted like markers uniformity, even if crooked. I guess not!

That's why I couldn't believe what I see on this QC pic.

I'm not so picky with rep watches normally. But first of all this one is not for me and moreover that flaw is just too obvious to let it get through.

Thanks guys, for confirming me on this :smile:

besnik

27/11/16
That's why I couldn't believe what I see on this QC pic.

I'm not so picky with rep watches normally. But first of all this one is not for me and moreover that flaw is just too obvious to let it get through.

Thanks guys, for confirming me on this :smile:
I had one time a little dent on clasp on a navitimer it was a little slant over the letter I didn't see it thought and was pissed when received never again check those pics like a hawk

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
Definitely the wrong marker. I would reject it for that. I think your eyes are just fine lol
^^^^^what he said...no way José would I want that; that's all I'd be staring at LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Dont know if its the wrong size - but i can also confirm that they moved the marker up.
good catch!
Good eyes, I'd have missed that for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% its the wong (short) marker. Here the gen:
294f3ff69a86f7b59a7f6c239bedf2f7.jpg
Wow good catch!

Thanks everyone for having a look at this.

I'll unfortunately will reject this watch then. Pity, since I have 5 watches in that order and 4 of them would have been good to go - before CNY...

Well, perhaps I'll let the 4 good ones be shipped and add the rejected one to my next order :laugh:

Thanks again, my mates! It's an honor and a pleasure to be part of this community with you guys :smile:

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Dammit, I'm replying....yes, of course you are correct.
Just look at the markers at 1,5 and 11. Plus, the minute marker lines are a dead giveaway.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
I had one time a little dent on clasp on a navitimer it was a little slant over the letter I didn't see it thought and was pissed when received never again check those pics like a hawk

@Hyjynx, @Maron , @Radman , @FiloViridae, @Ralphy1975, @M_Hall, @Ruski91 , @merowinger:

I do have a good eye for flaws. But little dents that come anyway during daily wear as well as little misaligned parts don't matter to me usually. It's a faked watch and I do expect it to have flaws that can be fixed by myself or by my watch smith. I do not even complain non working, fully dry movements after arrival as it just came in with my Nomos Ahoi. For such I just ask @zocker4711 to service them and they are good.

But wrong parts is something inacceptable since it really is pain in the neck to get correct spare parts for replacement.

In this certain case most likely the worker was out of the correct markers during assembly and "fittet" the available one to the dial.

....typical case of "marker shortage" :laugh:

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
TD definitely should have caught that. And as obvious as it is I bet I would have missed it.

And 4 watches incoming!? I look forward to this pics!

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
i agree good eye! I might have missed that.... lol But the TD should have caught that, that's kinda big!

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
TD definitely should have caught that. And as obvious as it is I bet I would have missed it.

And 4 watches incoming!? I look forward to this pics!

5 incoming :smile:

But only one of them is for me. The Tudor BB red V4 since a friend of mine keeps begging me to buy my V3 :smile:

Then there is a BR 03-92 and the Omega above plus CrPO Skyfall for another friend.

And a Cartier Ballon Bleu pink dial for a lady. :wink:

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
i agree good eye! I might have missed that.... lol But the TD should have caught that, that's kinda big!

I think some TDs grew too fast and didn't grow their own structures accordingly, so there is too much to do for them. If I compare the order numbers from my last and my current order, I can see how many orders they processed within a few weeks only.

That's why I actually like to choose the smaller TDs but obviously many people have the same idea so the smaller / newer dealers turn into big players quickly :wink: