• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

POFEX

gmc504

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/16
Figured I'd ask a stupid question in The Stupid Question Section (that has a ring to it, I'm looking at you moderators). I see under a bunch of folks user names it say POFEX. I'm sure it's a play on "Rolex" and I'm guessing it's some sort of ranking system depending on post count? Anyone care to enlighten me?

Side note: I am not insinuating that all post in the flame free zone are stupid questions. But it does seem like the best place for one to do such a thing.

Reactions: minota98

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
It's just a misspelling of Rolex...as the Chinese commonly did on cheap early reps.

As far as it being under your username, it's when you reach a certain number of posts it will appear...(not sure of the number tho)

gmc504

13/2/16
It's just a misspelling of Rolex...as the Chinese commonly did on cheap early reps

Cool.. didn't know that. Wingnut taking me to school with a Saturday morning history lesson! Thanks man.

Laduaks

13/11/16
Haha needed to search up this. Was wondering if the moderators just had some fun with my profile :adoration:

Juhani

Known Member
18/1/16
I'm ashamed to say I almost would like to see a "pofex" rep... maybe even buy one for the laughs.

Kestembaum

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/7/19
EU
It's just a misspelling of Rolex...as the Chinese commonly did on cheap early reps.

As far as it being under your username, it's when you reach a certain number of posts it will appear...(not sure of the number tho)

Thank you

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
Other than trailboss99, does anyone else have the big gold Breitling wings for 20k+ posts?

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
I think my early NoobMariner has the Pofex back. It was certainly made in "Shiterand"

Think this might be a neighbouring country :)

ZZ5bL5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Warwickhunt

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Supporter
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
It may be time to come up with something for a 40k post count. Head Honcho - Cat Herder aint far from it!!

minota98

RWI Supporter
30/12/21
MY
thanks for sharing and asking the question! was super curious too haha