• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie - Bad experience with Trusty Time.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Hey guys, we had this topic last week. Please be a little bit more gentle to newbies ... especially in the "flame-free zone" ;-)

look, I get it. I know the Boss laid it out for us last week but my issue isn’t with op’s complaint or lack of knowledge, it’s with him slamming a TD with his first post by insinuating that Andrew is a scammer. But you are correct that he did post in the flame free zone and I missed it.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hi all! I’m a newbie and been lurking for a while before I joined a few weeks ago. Can’t believe the knowledge base on this forum. Wanted to say hi and also potential warning about Trusty Time. Purchased a Rolex Datejust 31mm fluted bezel, white dial, jiub bracelet two tone. QC pics looked ok so I GL. Smooth transaction and prompt responses to questions. Received watch and it has a gold dial / face, not the white one I ordered or GL in QC pics! No response to 4 emails sent as well as website contact form message. Just wanted to give back by letting y’all know my experience even though they are on TD list.

Post a couple of your QC pics and pics of the watch you received, it's possible he made a mistake in what he shipped you.

Watchin22

Horology Curious
14/6/22
Watch I ordered:
QC :
seemed like bad lighting at the time
watch I received:
Gold / yellow tinge on dial visible and looks like Ben darker when worn and looks unlike QC’s

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
You might not want to hear it, but you got exactly what you ordered. This is the silver dial from Rolex. But you are right - on the QC-Pics the silver look very "whitish". Thats because of the cold studio light and the white photobox. You can see more realistic colours in Trustys video on the article page. This might confuse a newbie but white and silver are very different colours on a watch dial. While white is always white, silver charges from bright white to a warm kind of ivory depending on the light conditions. So Trusty has done nothing wrong.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
p.s.: At the GMF-Model of the Midsize-DJ you can see the difference between the silver and the white dial ...

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog, pls see pics above per suggestion and would appreciate input

As JayBee0815 stated, you got he watch you ordered. Website pics and QC pics from TDs are always taken in light boxes, they usually boost exposure on the pics too, so this distorts colors slightly.

In the first pic you posted above, the dial does look white, but in the others it looks more of an ivory color.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
You dont need to apologize to trusty. Many TDs intentionally send very low quality (and low resolution) QC photos, for reasons which benefit them.
Jtime is an exception in this regard, sends higher quality photos and a video.

Watchin22

Horology Curious
14/6/22
r0b9502 Thank you… I was frankly disappointed to see difference in pics on his site and QC vs what I received. I will continue to read and learn here and maybe use a different TD next time like jtime for cleare pics / video

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
r0b9502 Thank you… I was frankly disappointed to see difference in pics on his site and QC vs what I received. I will continue to read and learn here and maybe use a different TD next time like jtime for cleare pics / video

Try Li from JTime (https://jtime.io/). He is imo the best TD for newbies. He has good QC-Pics and is very helpful if you have questions.

mharroch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/21
If you can’t trust Trusty who can you Trust! ???? I’ve had good experience with him.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Andrew came through again for me:)
Ordered lots of watches over the last few years and always great communication and service.

Did experience a delay in the delivery that got posted in April but received it in the end and Andrew always responded to each of my messages and chased his shipping team up for me:)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

hirtegirte

Seikopath
Supporter
Certified
22/4/22
Germany
You dont need to apologize to trusty. Many TDs intentionally send very low quality (and low resolution) QC photos, for reasons which benefit them.
Jtime is an exception in this regard, sends higher quality photos and a video.

yeah thats how I didnt see dust and bad finish of the second hand in a watch from Trusty. At least he gave me a 100USD coupon for next purchase. Hope that one will go better (already in transit :D)

modernartemis

Horology Curious
14/7/22
I'm a newbie here too, am considering ordering from TrustyTime. I've been researching and should have made an account earlier. Trying to decide between them or JTime. Perhaps both? hehe.

It's like rabit hole, so much information, honestly- it's super fun researching. Anyways, came to welcome the other newbies as fellow newbie myself. Glad to see these examples because it's definitely not something I would have thought about- a lightbox- but is obviously important to consider.