• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust - VSF or ARF Oyster bracelet

Rosstopher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
UK
Hi,

Apologies if this is something that has been covered before (I have looked but couldn’t find anything).

I know the original concensus upon the release of the VSF DateJust 126334 was that the ARF bracelet was more superior to the VSF and it was a worthy upgrade on a franked build. With the 'post raid' batches, does this still apply?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ross

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
The ARF bracelet does not quite fit the VSF perfectly and has a tendency to apply upward pressure on the bezel. After a good oil bath the quality of the two is about the same. I wouldn't bother.

Reactions: Kevstah and fall1n1

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Like pistebasher mentioned above, the VSF oyster bracelet is of really great quality in my experience, and switching it out for an ARF one would be a lateral move at best. what’s more, you run the risk of the ARF not fitting exactly right and creating an ugly gap between the solid endlinks and case, which wouldn’t be present with the VSF stock bracelet.

Reactions: Audi_5k

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Like pistebasher mentioned above, the VSF oyster bracelet is of really great quality in my experience, and switching it out for an ARF one would be a lateral move at best. what’s more, you run the risk of the ARF not fitting exactly right and creating an ugly gap between the solid endlinks and case, which wouldn’t be present with the VSF stock bracelet.

Exactly.

Rosstopher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
UK
Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see the notification.

Thanks for the advice, I'll stick with the VSF bracelet.

Reactions: Damien74