• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quality Check. Am I being too picky?

cartechcoffee

Looking Around
19/6/22
Is there a QC forum here? I was hunting around and cannot find one. I initially RL a PAM904 but the TD told me I was wrong and that the watch is fine. I begrudgingly agreed.. did I make a mistake?

Gallery:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Is there a QC forum here? I was hunting around and cannot find one. I initially RL a PAM904 but the TD told me I was wrong and that the watch is fine. I begrudgingly agreed.. did I make a mistake?

Gallery:
We don’t have a QC forum. You can post a QC picture if you have a specific concern. You can’t just post the pictures and ask “do you see anything wrong?” In my personal opinion 90% of the concerns are unwarranted. You will never see those minor imperfections in your watch. QC pictures from TDs are highly maginified.

cartechcoffee

Looking Around
19/6/22
Thank you, and you're right. I'm never going to walk around with a microscope to the watch. Added some photos to see if I've lost my mind, or is the DW slightly misaligned.

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Thank you, and you're right. I'm never going to walk around with a microscope to the watch. Added some photos to see if I've lost my mind, or is the DW slightly misaligned.

There is NOTHING wrong with that DW. If you magnified your food like that looking for flaws, you’d never eat again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cartechcoffee

Looking Around
19/6/22
There is NOTHING wrong with that DW. If you magnified your food like that looking for flaws, you’d never eat again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True story. I am definitely being too picky. Glad the TD pushed back. Lesson learned ????

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Thats kind of funny. The VSF 904 has so many flaws and you RLed it because the DW might be a nanometer off? Holy shit ;-)

Reactions: kavorca1

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

The DW panerai for this model is rectangular, although the two-digit date has almost a square footage. Having a little padding at the top and bottom always gives a slightly more noticeable "offset" effect than it actually is.
This can be either rep or gen. Panerai is a brand that may not be ideal, and most often it is.

Also, to the extent that the window is elongated, the sandwich dial is quite thick, and the cut edges are 90 ° (unlike the latest models, which began to have square cutouts and bevels on the edge of the window),there is always a shadow if the light does not fall on the dial at a right angle. The black shadow visually narrows the already small space between the date and the edge and it seems that (depending on the light source) that the date is at the top or bottom edge. This is not true.

In addition, please pay attention to the words above that the PAM904 has quite a few, much more obvious flaws in the very design of this model, so the flaws discussed are clearly not the level of concern that makes sense.

Good luck on your next.

Reactions: JayBee0815