• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Require Help with my QC Pics Please

sharinahhh

Horology Curious
6/2/17
Good day all, I ordered a VSF Hulk from Sead and he has sent me QC photos. However, I find the number "30" a little wonky and I don't know if it's just in my head.

Could use any inputs you guys have, please.

Thank you!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The Chinese artisans who hand-carve every single one of these ceramic inserts from a solid block of ceramic work incredibly hard, so sometimes they’re given the day off. And while they take a break, their children take over - and sadly the kids’ work is often not quite up to the standard of their parents.

The good thing is that if you report this carving error to your TD, they’ll remove the insert and check the ID number on the back that identifies which worker carved it - and the guilty party will be executed. It sounds harsh, but it means there’s much less chance of the same terrible flaw being repeated again. So don’t feel too bad about it.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
The Chinese artisans who hand-carve every single one of these ceramic inserts from a solid block of ceramic work incredibly hard, so sometimes they’re given the day off. And while they take a break, their children take over - and sadly the kids’ work is often not quite up to the standard of their parents.

The good thing is that if you report this carving error to your TD, they’ll remove the insert and check the ID number on the back that identifies which worker carved it - and the guilty party will be executed. It sounds harsh, but it means there’s much less chance of the same terrible flaw being repeated again. So don’t feel too bad about it.

Reactions: P..DR..D

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I know - I found it hard to believe at first too, when my personal TD told me about this somewhat drastic Chinese rep factory practice. I mean, I always thought that the inserts were made from a mold, using a machine, so the chances of an individual insert being produced with a wonky 30 was impossible. But the OP's insert proves that isn't the case - they are indeed each individually hand-crafted. How else would his insert come to have a wonky 30?

Unless there's absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with the OP's insert. In which case, my original theory may still turn out to be correct.