• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Posting Pictures

russ3769

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/9/21
Hi , quite new to the forum and not really good with the internet . Quick question ? How do I post pictures on here ? It’s my first project I’m wanting to sell , on my fourth now which I’m keeping . I didn’t really want to build a replica , I was doing a “frankenwatch” , submariner , as I think you call them , using a Tudor movement , to sell on eBay , for a tidy profit . Anyway , turned out that the Tudor movement that I got stuck with when the case got lost in the post , was beyond economical repair . So we went ahead and fitted a clone , meaning that now I can’t advertise it anywhere . But here .

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

russ3769

INMATE
17/9/21
I just want to know how to share images . As for the money side of things , I’ve now built 2 genuine Tudor Oysterdate’s and more than doubled my money , completely honestly . I have got my replica Submariner back though and I have to say it’s very nice , I see where the passion starts . like said here though , maybe a drink at happy hour on that one , as nice as it is .

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I just want to know how to share images . As for the money side of things , I’ve now built 2 genuine Tudor Oysterdate’s and more than doubled my money , completely honestly . I have got my replica Submariner back though and I have to say it’s very nice , I see where the passion starts . like said here though , maybe a drink at happy hour on that one , as nice as it is .

Please understand that this is not a trading community. This is not the place where you can come and sell your wares.

We are passionate, more or less addicted watch nerds who deal with the topic and occasionally sell a watch.

This usually happens unplanned.

And still 30 meaningful, profitable contributions;)

Reactions: P..DR..D

russ3769

INMATE
17/9/21
That’s a lot of meaningful contributions for someone who knows very little about watches ???? . Is that posts or comments ? Please ?? I am getting into doing a project watch so I do have a chance to thoroughly plan this . Not like my Sub which was just a big mistake made to use up spare parts I had by accident that turned out to be junk !!! So I bought everything brand new and had work done on a watch I didn’t want . It is very pretty mind but I do like my Seiko Save The Ocean solar powered chronograph diver that my girlfriend bought me . I’ll just leave the Sub in its box while I work on a datejust . Not had any replies yet from asking advice on this build , where and what for different parts available anywhere ??

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I just want to know how to share images.

You were told how to share photos.

And just given a quick heads up re the rules, as it 'appeared' that you joined to sell.

If that is not the case, I will hold my hands up and apologise, but I'm sure you can understand how I would assume that given you said ;)

"How do I post pictures on here ? It’s my first project I’m wanting to sell"
Either way, its Saturday so welcome to RWI :welcome:

Enjoy the forum & the mecca of information you've now gotten access to. :search:

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

russ3769

INMATE
17/9/21
I actually originally joined to access the safe buyer guide , since then I’ve used the forum to find a decent watch smith . Do have a watch to sell though , I won’t be wearing it …. Gonna take a few months to qualify by the look of it

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I actually originally joined to access the safe buyer guide , since then I’ve used the forum to find a decent watch smith . Do have a watch to sell though , I won’t be wearing it …. Gonna take a few months to qualify by the look of it

Since, by your own admission, because of RWI, you've benefited both from the 'safe buyer guide' & been able to access one of our awesome watchsmiths, perhaps an idea to show a little love & support the site by PM'ing the Bossman?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ead-moderated/290305-why-should-you-subscribe

You'll get a shiny username & the added benefit of avoiding having to wait too long before being able to sell your watch ;)

Just a parting thought...

russ3769

INMATE
17/9/21
Corker . My cars been kept over the weekend cos it’s failed it’s MOT , I have to walk 2 miles just now to get some groceries but I’ll have a skeg upon my return .
My second Tudor Oysterdate is on ebay auction atm , 17 bids at £55 4 days in . tbh I’m hoping the bids stay low over the weekend so I can pick up some weekend surfers , ends Monday night . Unfortunately , I bought 2 NOS clasps from CHRONO-SHOP . They’re not very giving with information , as a result , plus they’re pretty cheap , I now have 2 clasps which didn’t fit on ebay but it now adds and the Oysterdate is up with an aftermarket bracelet . Bit of a let down but I’ve managed to hussle back my loss , few things I had going on have been concluded quickly . Expensive week next week , finishing off restoration of an MG I’m selling and ???? putting a deposit on my dream bike .
So , as you can see , you could be a god send right now , I’ve not much time to finance this whole thing . Then it all starts again ! Building myself the fast , clean daily driver I deserve , currently a stripped out £400 ting .

russ3769

INMATE
17/9/21
Still no idea how to post pictures though ?? I was on a Rover forum many moons ago and had to download photobucket to ye olde pc to post Fotos . Well I’m using an iPhone now ? If there’s an easier way to just access my photo library ?? Is there ??? Or are we using photobucket or an up to date equivalent ????
please people , just a little shove in the right direction .