• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Query about Japanese and Swiss traders

Imtiaz0168

Horology Curious
10/1/22
Hello,

I wish you all a nice weekend.

i’ve been exploring rep forums and other online avenues to learn about Tag Heuer Monaco replicas.

i noticed, most of the trusted dealers happen to be in China. Fair enough. Lots of manufacturing capacity at low cost.

Today, i came to learn that there are Japanese and swiss rep dealers as well. A quick online search produced Weblinks like eliteReplicawatch dot is, Swissreplication dot is.

Now, following are some observations and questions (correct me if i am wrong):

a. These traders are not listed as trusted dealers in prominent rep enthusiast forums. Why?

b. Most of their pricing are a tad bit higher than TDs’ pricing (USD 240 ~ 600+). Cost should not be always a proxy for quality. But, i want to know what differences are leading to the price variation?

c. Most TDs are offering Monaco models with Quartz movement type. However, i notice, these (supposedly) Japanese and Chinese rep dealers are offering Swiss chronograph automatic movements (for the USD 600+ Ones). Is this the reason behind price variation?

d. if any knowledgeable forum member can comment upon the quality, details differences between Chine TDs and these japanese, swiss non TDs, that will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks