• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is no QC pics of movement normal?

nizfiz29

Looking Around
4/1/22
I've put in an order with trusty for a couple GMF v5 GMT Master IIs, and am about to pay. I've been emailing Andrew, and he said that opening the caseback and taking pics of movement would void the warranty on the watches, and that it definitely has the advertised movement. I said that I wanted to be sure they had the VR3186 movement in them. Is that normal procedure? Should I expect those pics? I saw a Trusty purchase review of a Panerai and someone said it had the wrong movement, that plus incorrect movements don't seem that uncommon in reps, and I'm doubting.

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
It’s not typical that they open the case to show a movement. It also negates the waterproofing if there is any. I’ve never seen watches advertised with a movement that it didn’t come with.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Don’t over think it. Just buy it. It’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Amorist

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Never had movement pics for a QC. You can definitely request it...i never saw the point because I dont know what I'm looking at any ways.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You’re buying from a TRUSTED DEALER. The point of a TRUSTED Dealer is that they’re TRUSTED to sell you the watch you’ve paid for. The reason given for them not opening the watch to show you the movement is correct, but you should also realise that, because it’s a TRUSTED Dealer telling you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I always get movement pictures as well a video of the full movement service (1080p). Takes three hours though, so I never watch it.

Bbednores

Looking Around
8/8/21
You should get a pic of the timegrapher results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I've never received a movement QC pic for a closed caseback watch and I've purchased from at least 4-5 different TD's. Only ever received them for watches with display caseback. That said I'm sure most TD's would oblige if you asked for one.

Last edited:

Slam89

Supporter
Certified
16/7/20
Way Up North
I've never received a movement QC pic for a closed caseback watch and I've purchased from at least 4-5 different TD's. Only ever received them for watches with display caseback. That said I'm sure most TD's would oblige if you asked for one.

When there was confusion between the listing and the photos, I have asked for movement photos and received them.

Burningtyger1

Horology Curious
2/10/21
I did have a movement pick from Hont with VSF Yachtmaster, but this was when there were concerns of fake VSF.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I've put in an order with trusty for a couple GMF v5 GMT Master IIs, and am about to pay. I've been emailing Andrew, and he said that opening the caseback and taking pics of movement would void the warranty on the watches, and that it definitely has the advertised movement. I said that I wanted to be sure they had the VR3186 movement in them. Is that normal procedure? Should I expect those pics? I saw a Trusty purchase review of a Panerai and someone said it had the wrong movement, that plus incorrect movements don't seem that uncommon in reps, and I'm doubting.

Movement pictures are not usual.
Maybe these days on VSF watches, to proof they have Dandopng VS Movement built in. But thats more an exeption. Just buy from TD List and you get what you pay:)