Is no QC pics of movement normal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is no QC pics of movement normal?

I've put in an order with trusty for a couple GMF v5 GMT Master IIs, and am about to pay. I've been emailing Andrew, and he said that opening the caseback and taking pics of movement would void the warranty on the watches, and that it definitely has the advertised movement. I said that I wanted to be sure they had the VR3186 movement in them. Is that normal procedure? Should I expect those pics? I saw a Trusty purchase review of a Panerai and someone said it had the wrong movement, that plus incorrect movements don't seem that uncommon in reps, and I'm doubting.

It’s not typical that they open the case to show a movement. It also negates the waterproofing if there is any. I’ve never seen watches advertised with a movement that it didn’t come with.

Comment

Only if the watch has a glass case back will you see the movement in your QC pictures.

Comment

Don’t over think it. Just buy it. It’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Never had movement pics for a QC. You can definitely request it...i never saw the point because I dont know what I'm looking at any ways.

Comment

cobar75 &
            mech500

I think we need that button for ^^^
            "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like
            or
            you will be forced to like what you get."

WTB:
            PAM089 / PAM 332 / Skydweller (black) / TC 16610LV

Comment

Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post
              cobar75 &
              mech500

I think we need that button for ^^^
              Hahaha

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

You’re buying from a TRUSTED DEALER. The point of a TRUSTED Dealer is that they’re TRUSTED to sell you the watch you’ve paid for. The reason given for them not opening the watch to show you the movement is correct, but you should also realise that, because it’s a TRUSTED Dealer telling you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Kermits! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

Comment

I always get movement pictures as well a video of the full movement service (1080p). Takes three hours though, so I never watch it.

Comment

You should get a pic of the timegrapher results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had a movement pic, only timegrapher results.

Comment

I've never received a movement QC pic for a closed caseback watch and I've purchased from at least 4-5 different TD's. Only ever received them for watches with display caseback. That said I'm sure most TD's would oblige if you asked for one.
                        Last edited by dood; 01-02-22, 01:04.

Comment

Originally posted by dood View Post
                          I've never received a movement QC pic for a closed caseback watch and I've purchased from at least 4-5 different TD's. Only ever received them for watches with display caseback. That said I'm sure most TD's would oblige if you asked for one.
                          When there was confusion between the listing and the photos, I have asked for movement photos and received them.

Comment

I did have a movement pick from Hont with VSF Yachtmaster, but this was when there were concerns of fake VSF.

Comment

Originally posted by nizfiz29 View Post
                              I've put in an order with trusty for a couple GMF v5 GMT Master IIs, and am about to pay. I've been emailing Andrew, and he said that opening the caseback and taking pics of movement would void the warranty on the watches, and that it definitely has the advertised movement. I said that I wanted to be sure they had the VR3186 movement in them. Is that normal procedure? Should I expect those pics? I saw a Trusty purchase review of a Panerai and someone said it had the wrong movement, that plus incorrect movements don't seem that uncommon in reps, and I'm doubting.

Movement pictures are not usual.
                              Maybe these days on VSF watches, to proof they have Dandopng VS Movement built in. But thats more an exeption. Just buy from TD List and you get what you pay

Comment

Working...
                              X