• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watches I Want Are Unavailable

JamesJW

Horology Curious
26/11/21
Greetings all,

I've got a couple of questions, but first some background:

About 15 years ago I bought a handful of cheap reps off the Interwebs and as you can imagine my results were hit or miss at best. I picked them up for like $125 each so had pretty low expectations and I just couldn't bring myself to pay the $300-$400 for reps that some of the sites were asking.

Most were not even close to gen and even the ones I got that were decent reps at the time had durability issues: bezels and stick markers on the face came unglued etc.

I recently decided to pick up another couple of reps and am prepared to pay decent money for a decent product. I discovered RWI which has been a godsend. I spent several hours going through the forums and decided to give trustytime a shot.

I had some slight misgivings because one of the noob threads said they were no longer trusted but since he's currently listed as a TD and the recent reviews seemed decent I figured issues had been resolved. I tried him first largely because the website seemed to have the most comprehensive selection. I recently got a reply and of the 5 I inquired about only one was available from the factory. :(

So here are my questions:

1. Every now and again I click a link and am notified that

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

Notably i can't access what I imagine to be a very important thread:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/showthread.php/67145-Compete-noobs-guide-to-buying-you-FIRST-Rep

I tried to message the admin but was informed that daytona4me doesn't accept PMs. Would appreciate some guidance as to who to contact or how to view the thread particularly if it has info not contained in:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/233990-guide-how-to-purchase-your-first-rep

which I can/have read.

2. As I understand it the TDs all deal with the same factories. Is it worth reaching out to other TDs about the ones I wanted or is it safe to assume that if Andrew can't get them noone else will be able to either?

While I have little to no interest in Rolexes, I don't *think* any of the watches I asked about were all that obscure: a couple of POs. a PAM, a Breitling and an IWC.

3. I basically ignored the TDs who only had contact info and no website. Is that a mistake? If I want to inquire with one of those is it OK to send them a link to the image/description listed at Trustytime or is that not cool?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

James

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hi James, welcome to RWI.

1. The message you’re seeing is because the thread is no longer available, not because you need special permission. RWI has been around for many years, and gone through some changes, and it’s not unusual to come across threads that are now dead links.

2. Regarding Trusty and whether other TDs can get watches that Andrew can’t… it’s very rare for one TD to have access to reps that other TDs can’t also get. So if Andrew can’t get it, chances are that no one can. One of the problems with picking Trusty Time as your reference site is that they rarely if ever remove reps from the site that are no longer available. Which is great for them because it makes the site look incredibly comprehensive. But it also means that 80% of what’s there hasn’t been available since 2012.

3. Yes, it’s absolutely fine to contact a TD and send them images/details/links to what you’re looking for. Personally I recommend Marvellous Replica or JTime. I find M and Li (at those TDs respectively) really helpful, and comms is easy once you hook up with them on WhatsApp.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
3. I basically ignored the TDs who only had contact info and no website. Is that a mistake? If I want to inquire with one of those is it OK to send them a link to the image/description listed at Trustytime or is that not cool?
After several tryouts, I settled with two TDs that have no homepage. One because of his EU stock, the other one because of the great QC. You'll have to find out what works best for you. Many RWI members are happy with the big webshop TDs.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
Nowadays the reps are very good quality, however recent Raids have put a serious dent in the availability of watches.
Hope you didn’t wait too long to start your collection.
Member 2 member sales May be a good source for you as you can post a wanted to buy ad for certain out of stock watches you might want

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
1. Every now and again I click a link and am notified that

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

Notably i can't access what I imagine to be a very important thread:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/showthread.php/67145-Compete-noobs-guide-to-buying-you-FIRST-Rep

I tried to message the admin but was informed that daytona4me doesn't accept PMs. Would appreciate some guidance as to who to contact or how to view the thread particularly if it has info not contained in:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/233990-guide-how-to-purchase-your-first-rep

which I can/have read.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

James

1. That might be a broken link to this thread---- 66103-compete-noobs-guide-to-buying-you-first-rep

Forum switched platforms a few years back. Some of the older links don't work anymore.

3. Some of the best TDs don't have websites. Sending them links, pictures is good.

Welcome to RWI!

Reactions: P..DR..D