• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for specific Watches, James Bond

Smurfit

Looking Around
12/10/21
Hi there all,
This is my first post, so I am sorry if there are any mistakes I made in the process of posting this!!!

I inherited a Gen. Rolex about 5 years ago, have been mesmerized by it ever since, I never want to wear it, scratch it or bump it ever, I baby it haha... anyways I have been looking for quite sometime to add to the collection, something that is more practical that I can wear daily to work, etc, and not have to worry as much about deteriorating value. I have been lurking and reading on the forum for the past couple weeks, just trying to soak in as much info as possible. I'm looking to buy a watch in the soon future and am just looking for as much info (availability, if there are even reps of these, best factories for them, etc) on these watches as possible. So any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Anyway, I am ultimately looking to buy a vintage style James Bond watch/s if that is possible, more specifically I am very interested in the EARLY era James Bond watches. In particular there are 3 different watches that really spark my interest. From what I have seen there are alot of repped Rolex Submariner watches but specifically I'm looking for a the Rolex Submariner Ref. 5513 or the Submariner Ref. 6538 that I seen on a list of the Sean Connery watches. Is there a difference between reference numbers or is it just the submariner model that really matters? will there be different features or designs per each reference number? I have seen plenty of Submariner's on the forum so I have no doubt someone will know more about them :) From what I seen ZZF makes a very nice rep! If there are other high quality makes of these I would love to know more about them, the differences, etc

Secondly the other watch I have been eyeballing is the Breitling Top Time. I haven't seen alot on the forum about Breitling reps (mind you I have geared most of my research to the Submariner), so if someone knew more and could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. I know more very little about other brands features, mechanics, etc.. If anyone knows more about this watch, if there are reps of these, or any more info, that would be amazing as I personally love the look of the Breitling Top Time and look-wise has to be one of my favorite watches

Last but no least, the Gruen Precision 510, it may be a more niche vintage watch, that I can confidently say I know nothing about. I love the look I think it is a very classy watch for a black tie occasion and would love to know more about this brand and buying options if possible. It may not warrant a rep or even have one available as I have seen the Gen. watch on sale for as low as 400$ before. Mostly just throwing this one out there to see if anyone else knows more about them, or had experience with this brand before.

All in all I just love the look of these watches, very keen on getting one and adding to my collection if anyone else cares to read this and knows more that would be extremely helpful!

Reactions: subgoodness