• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica rental.

Mondek

Looking Around
18/7/21
I would like to have an opinion on what you think about the rental of watches. I have several high-end replicas. I got the idea that I could rent them for a fee for special events such as weddings. Not everyone can afford a luxury watch, it would be an alternative to buying a watch. What do you think about such an idea, I would like to hear your views on both the legal and technical issues. Thank you

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Are you going to rent out the item with full disclosure that it is an illegal replica item or rent it to an individual representing it as genuine?

Frankly, I think it is a terrible idea.

If you rent it as an illegal item and the renter does not return it are you going to report it to the authorities and tell them that someone has stolen your illegal item? (Kinda' like telling the cops someone stole your illegal drugs..)

If you rent it as a genuine and the renter does not return it and you report it to authorities and they find out it is an illegal item, you most likely will lose the item. And if the renter finds out you rented him an illegal item representing it as genuine, he/she could come after you.

There are numerous ways for this type of transaction to go bad, but only ONE way for it to be successful, that is, for everyone to keep their mouth shut. Which seldom ever happens.

Besides, you can already rent high end gen watches by the month if you like:
https://timeandtidewatches.com/rent-...ever-take-off/

Last edited:

boogieman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/20
I trying to understand the idea in theory but.. what kind of ROI are you looking for here on a rep that costs say 500$?
Like what are you gonna charge? By the hour? Day? Month?

I’m very curious about the business model. Like how do you market something like that.. seems like a bit of a stretch IMO. But hey there’s always a market for something *shrug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
giphyf9fd08f5867e5410.gif

Kimmeren123

10/11/16
Norway
could get problematic due to trademark laws but you probably can find people on the forum that would pay $20 to try on a rep before buying but idk its so cheap to get a rep anyways

Reactions: Excalibur20

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
you gonna get the shorter stick if things go bad cos you can't protect yourself in any way...it's something which might have a small market but does not seem to be a lucrative nor wise venture

Reactions: P..DR..D

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
This is a brilliant idea. I can't see any reason why anyone would have any reason to complain about a business that makes money by hiring out illegal counterfeit branded luxury goods. It'll work even better if you expand the fake luxury goods rental offering to include bags, clothes and jewellery too.

rentafake.com is available - go for it!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
The only good thing about this post is that OP has posted in a "flame-free zone". Otherwise....well I will shut up.

Let me know if you have a Noob Daytona for rent. I will rent it (aka take it and run away). Would be curious about the legal recourse you would take to recover it back from renter.

Last edited:

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
And I thought that I've seen everything here but looking at the first post, I have to admit: I was wrong. But wait! There will be more so stay tuned folks!
fails_with_hot_girls_are_even_more_epic_02.gif

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Hey guys im selling condoms with sprem in it already. Place it in a car of a GF or BF you want to brake up with. See thats a better idea than Illegal Fake Watches.

8Eighty8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/20
Lol......so many things can go wrong here.....
don't think you'll get a lot of business renting out a rep....
imagine someone renting a rep Lambo to go to a wedding lol. People actually try to impress people at weddings/events? I understand not everyone can afford a luxury watch bit I would just wear what I could afford.....