• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which is the better rep: IW500107 or IW371609?

Thatisit

Horology Curious
12/7/21
Which is the better rep: IW500107 or IW371609?

Both from ZF. I've been reading around in circles and I think that the IW371609 with the A69355 appears to be the best one of those. How does it compare to the IW500107 rep (A52010) in general?

I'd like to get the best IWC Portuguese rep I can so that when someone asks me about it I can say, "oh, it's a rep but if you compare it to genuine you'll have difficulty guessing which is real" (I know very few, outside of here, would be able to regardless).

Thanks in advance!

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I say go buy a Gen and solves all your problems. Because you are the only one who will give away if a watch is a gen or fake. If you drive a Rolls Royce any watch you have people will think its real. But if you drive a 96 Ford Fiesta with a $300k RM that will give it away. Just look at the photos from the TD site and Gen online and you can see whar stands out to you. Most small issues reps have are not noticeable by 99.99999999% of people.

Good luck on your journey. I have a IWC 5009 and love it from ZF the only issue is the hour hand lume is blue not green like the rest. Something ZF has an issue with but an easy fix.

Reactions: kavorca1

J_rwi

21/2/21
Canada
They both have their own strength and weaknesses. Go with the IW500107.

Last edited:

Thatisit

Horology Curious
12/7/21
I say go buy a Gen and solves all your problems. Because you are the only one who will give away if a watch is a gen or fake. If you drive a Rolls Royce any watch you have people will think its real. But if you drive a 96 Ford Fiesta with a $300k RM that will give it away. Just look at the photos from the TD site and Gen online and you can see whar stands out to you. Most small issues reps have are not noticeable by 99.99999999% of people.

Good luck on your journey. I have a IWC 5009 and love it from ZF the only issue is the hour hand lume is blue not green like the rest. Something ZF has an issue with but an easy fix.

I'm not bothered by it being a rep or saying it is one. I'm a medical student, so not in a position to buy a gen (yet). Just wading through all the info and trying to make a good decision. Thanks for your input!

Thatisit

Horology Curious
12/7/21
I've looked across forums, Reddit, Google and can't find any reviews or comparisons for the new in-house ZF IW371609.

Doesn't help when a TD has three different ones all listed as "Best" ????.