• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Eyecandy and Wristshots - 22nd to 28th March 2021

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
Hi, Gang!

Well, this "special" number kinda ends my ROLEX week (unless I change my mind. (So many to wear and so little TIME.) For many of the vets, this "special" one should be familiar: It's the LAST non "official" rep dealer purchase I made back in '09. From the scammer GLOBAL REPLICA, which cost me more than $220 usd; it arrived via FED EX. and it was a bona fide P.O.S.!! Unlike the bull **** scammers tell you of being able to check out the watch before you accept it (blatant lie). it was very damaged: missing date marker, unbalanced date, bent stem/crown, unable to set the time -- or even wind it; it was truly a piece of shit. Tried to stop payment (couldn't). Dealer wouldn't answer the phone; in short, I was stuck with it. It's after this fiasco I learned to track down this and other rep sites & limited rep purchases to these sites. Fortunately, my lady friend/jeweler gave it to her repairman who was able to kinda fix it (still can't wind it), but it does work, lume shines, and keeps great time. I bought an an after market Rolex bezel for it (yep, the original was scratched) and turned it into this SHARK. Luckily, I learned my lesson: never buy from a scammer. I keep this as a reminder. dave:

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
V6BMM
90721a5c8e05614b8d20cb947a58242d.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Beautiful watch; spectacular scenery.

dave

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Sweet! Look forward to seeing it!

Perfect timing!

I do like big watches but this thing may be a tad bit too big for my 6.75 inch wrist hahaha. Oh well!

I am not 100% sure if I like the "emptiness" in the middle of the dial but I think it will grow on me. Very well replicated and made by Noob. Seeing this makes me wonder why they can't nail other models like this.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Thanks!

Wait.. what?! You don't have a 5 digit sub?! How can one have an array collection of watches and not have a 5 digit sub?! Better get one soon because a watcj collection isn't officially valid if there isn't a 5 digit sub in there somewhere ;)

Sorry for the rant :D

Hahaha I had a 14060 but ended up selling it. I miss it though. I saw a nicely Franken one here m2m and was very tempted but I really gotta....space out my purchases lol. Plus I am looking to buy a gen 1601 or 75090 later this year :)

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Hahaha I had a 14060 but ended up selling it. I miss it though. I saw a nicely Franken one here m2m and was very tempted but I really gotta....space out my purchases lol. Plus I am looking to buy a gen 1601 or 75090 later this year :)

Oh, well yea that's smart thinking gotta space put them purchases for sure. Your no date must have been gen as non rep makers do a no date 5 digit I believe.. so selling it may have been tough?

I have a franken 1601 that I'm real happy with gen 1984 case set. you wont regret the purchase

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Oh, well yea that's smart thinking gotta space put them purchases for sure. Your no date must have been gen as non rep makers do a no date 5 digit I believe.. so selling it may have been tough?

I have a franken 1601 that I'm real happy with gen 1984 case set. you wont regret the purchase

Oh nope it was a rep from 2006. Cartel watch. It was recently sold on this forum by my buyer to a new buyer. Here is the link of what I had.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-rolex-submariner-5-digit-no-date-14060-in-eu

You gotta show me your 1601! I am hoping to find a nice blue dial for a good price but it seems so rare.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Perfect timing!
ZsLFzt.jpg
ZsLRvF.jpg

I do like big watches but this thing may be a tad bit too big for my 6.75 inch wrist hahaha. Oh well!

I am not 100% sure if I like the "emptiness" in the middle of the dial but I think it will grow on me. Very well replicated and made by Noob. Seeing this makes me wonder why they can't nail other models like this.

This is definitely growing on me. Have seen it across a number of threads and now seeing it 'full lume', just looks stunning.

I personally dont think it's too big for your wrist, but doesnt matter what I think at the end of the day all about personal preference.

Well wear & enjoy

Last edited:

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Oh nope it was a rep from 2006. Cartel watch. It was recently sold on this forum by my buyer to a new buyer. Here is the link of what I had.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-rolex-submariner-5-digit-no-date-14060-in-eu

You gotta show me your 1601! I am hoping to find a nice blue dial for a good price but it seems so rare.

Blue dial?! That's exactly what I was looking for from the beginning! They are rare and most I've seen in decent condition dials are too expensive.

PM incoming of my 1601

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
I personally dont think it's too big for your wrist, but doesnt matter what I think at the end of the day all about personal preference.

+1 sukwonee I think you can pull it off, looks solid. I wouldn't necessarily go bigger, but this size works for you (and me, cause I'm also the same 6 3/4" wrist) IMO

You guys are really making me want a 50 fathoms urgh

this hobby is going to make me go broke

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
P..DR..D rabl253 thanks guys! I have been mostly wearing my 5500, speedy 39mm, and 5512 last few weeks and I think I am not used to big watches on my wrist anymore lol. This is very well made and I think I got a great deal on it. I am sure it will grow on me.

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Perfect timing!

Think it looks good mate

Mine says hi

80a9274c65c87d2b4b6342c3b1550617.jpg