• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Eyecandy and Wristshots 23rd - 29th November 2020

Progollfer

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
22/4/17
United Kingdom
8b272f3776a3802961cd598b52f6db99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

Lovely looking watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
HAPPY HUMPDAY, gang! Enjoy the day and esp. enjoy tomorrow -- and above all, be careful, be safe, and be smart. COVID19 is VERY real.

Today, I fished out this old TAG HEUER from one of the watch boxes & decided to finally wear it after its long absence from my wrist. Not the best rep, but it's all right with me. There are no running hands on the dial; and when the chrono is activated, its seconds hands "tick." Oh, well. dave:

TAG.HEUER.MONACO.BLUE.DIAL.ON.TAN.LEATHE

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
Colonel Kurtz build on the cheap...

This JKF 1675 was in a brand new state a couple of days ago. Popped off the (Pepsi) bezel and got to work.

Have been experimenting with a 'non-invasive' (and fully reversible) way of creating an aged look on the case and crystal:

I apply a couple of light coats of 'Micador for Artists Crystal Clear Spray'. This dries hard enough to wear, but is easy to 'scratch up'.

Also sprayed a light coating of non-permanent 'Magic Retouch Hair Colour Magic Retouch' in dark brown, and gave the watch a light wipe over before spraying the fixative.

The gives a slight patina to the crevices of the case. Underneath, this watch and crystal is completely new, without a scratch. Grunging up the crystal in this way also really helps give the Cartel dial an older look.

The result is pretty hard wearing, but a light clean with alcohol and a nice soapy microfibre, and this watch is back to 'brand new'.

Throw it on a Phoenix strap and off to work we go. Nice wearing this watch with a 'POS workhorse' attitude
lol.gif

20201126-144331.jpg

20201126-144314.jpg

20201126-144309.jpg

Last edited: