• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watches and Style (Sneakers/Fashion/Shoes/Boots/Belts)

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I've been wondering how many sneak heads there are out there and I presume quite a lot.

But for me it's more than just sneakers. It's more an attention to detail.

Originally I thought a "Watches and Sneakers" thread would be nice but I want to see so much more. I am tempted to post so many things and I see so many users wearing things that are carefully selected. Whether that be their clothes, Jewelry, accessories.

Anternativd titles for the thread:
Watches & Fashion
Watches & Style
Watches & Your Attention to Detail.

So maybe I'll start off with a few and see if this takes off. I'll start with one I took a little while ago.
4db62d25401042beb9ac8206d642efcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
One or two from today..
219cf8cc2b070c73591da86507d71cce.jpg
927b46e718b4c5ae8f86596c8f6944cb.jpg

Hazing

9/5/19
yeezys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah... I have a few rows of 350s in that one Pic with a few 700s down below. Wearing zebras today.

Damn it's been all Sweats and Sneakers lately. I've picked up a few pair of sneakers since quarantine started that there's barely any opportunity to wear. I remember the day they declared the stay at home order, I got a dilevery from Simona with a belt. I remember it because I am pretty sure that was the last day I wore jeans never mind got dressed up. Lol. But the belt is awesome.

I just realized that Pic in the post above is shitty. I should taken it from the top down. I was more focused on the watch than the shoes.

234c0fa12f56bb18958b209b3a9a94f5.jpg

Hazing

9/5/19
yeezys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's funny I got my mom a pair of breds. They're like these insanely hyped, limited colorway. She has a bad hip and hasn't been able to get to doctors appointments much because of all this nonsense but after wearing the "those sneakers" I got her, she says she can't wear anything else because they're so comfortable. And they really are.

But I'd take her to her doctor's appointments (when we could go) and every time someone working at the hospitals would comment on her sneaks and crack up at this little old lady wearing yeezy. Lol. It's worth the price of admission.

But you know? The things we do to make mom comfortable.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Some of Vintage Cartier Sunglasses I own. All gen.
Cartier Vendome Santos 62mm
Cartier Vendome Santos 59mm
Cartier Vendome Laque 59mm
Cartier Vendome Louis Cartier trinity 59mm 16mm bridge.
Cartier Vendome Louis Cartier trinity 59mm 14mm bridge
All filled with 18k gold.
At the moment I’m looking for Cartier Vendome Santos 59mm filled with platinum.

JMiQqb.jpg

JMiZ1j.jpg

JMibdQ.jpg

JMitrx.jpg

JMim7V.jpg

JMipkB.jpg

JMiymP.jpg

JMsHI1.jpg

JMsJhF.jpg

JMsdLg.jpg

JMsFEJ.jpg

JMs3Ba.jpg

JMsKrv.jpg

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Vintage Cazal ( Gen )
Cazal 734
Cazal Legend 856

JMsAEG.jpg

JMsuBs.jpg

JMs724.jpg

JMsR4f.jpg

JMsYYl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazing

Hazing

9/5/19
rcom440 Those are awesome. I have a few pair of vintage Armani that I need to get in pics and I have was eying a pair of vintage Cartier but my problem is that I wear glasses and once you start changing the lenses they're just not the same so I have been contemplate how to proceed.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
rcom440 Those are awesome. I have a few pair of vintage Armani that I need to get in pics and I have was eying a pair of vintage Cartier but my problem is that I wear glasses and once you start changing the lenses they're just not the same so I have been contemplate how to proceed.

Keep the original lenses. I usually don’t change lenses too much hassle. But you can buy a nice Cartier frame and then just match the lens you like and cut it accordingly to the frame.
let me know which Cartier frame you want to buy. There’s a lot of fakes out there.

Hazing

9/5/19
Keep the original lenses. I usually don’t change lenses too much hassle. But you can buy a nice Cartier frame and then just match the lens you like and cut it accordingly to the frame.
let me know which Cartier frame you want to buy. There’s a lot of fakes out there.

that is another thing that is scaring me off. The few I’ve seen in person haven’t left me too confident with authenticity. When you go looking, where do you usually look? Or find them? Is there a good, reliable source to look?

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
that is another thing that is scaring me off. The few I’ve seen in person haven’t left me too confident with authenticity. When you go looking, where do you usually look? Or find them? Is there a good, reliable source to look?

You can buy from eBay, I’d be confident to buy Vintage Cartier Vendome. There are fake but they are usually pretty bad. It’s good to be familiar with Cartier markings on the bridge of the frame. There are markings on the arms too but they can fade over the time because of layer of 18k Gold - it’s quite soft and arms usually are rubbing against hair on the side of the head.

then there are cartier santos dumont sunglasses. Also aviators, not as old as Cartier Vendome but they fake them like crazy. There are many fakes on eBay - fakes Cartier dumont sunglasses have 3 screws on each arm. Gen should have too.

there are also Cartier Wood frames which means arms are made with wood. Those are usually go anywhere between $2000 - $4000. There are many fakes of them.

there are good dealers on the eBay - I know a couple from Germany and Italy although Italians are getting pretty expensive.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I just checked eBay and there are shit load of fakes even some fantasy Cartier garbage for around $300.
if the price is low its pretty much 99% chance they are fake.

Hazing

9/5/19
I just checked eBay and there are shit load of fakes even some fantasy Cartier garbage for around $300.
if the price is low its pretty much 99% chance they are fake.
Just like everything else. If it's too good to be true...

Reactions: rcom440

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Retro runners to match the arm jewellery. What to choose... Adidas Run 70's or Nike Air Max 1's?
7b4ae738267dabcaa2d352875d449204.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk