• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wristies and Pets

tenx139

Renowned Member
16/5/19
US
a73901cd3d7334e08128fec4572cf241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Poor Lilly.

How are the dog’s owners fairing now?
Much better. He's a lazy bastaed and probably has no right owning a dog. Especially a puppy.

He wanted companionship but I don't think he thought it was going to be work. He doesn't exercise her nearly as much as she needs. He doesn't train her. (I swear, she thinks "come" means go the other way). I've discovered she's not really even housebroken because sometimes he doesn't even want to take her out.

I was talking to him and asked because he told me she's housebroken and he said "when someone says their dog is housebroken, what's that mean? They go outside 90% of the time. 80% of the time? What?"

I was like "dude, you have no right to have a dog. I've had dogs for my entire life and never had an accident that wasn't a puppy or that wasn't explained by extenuating circumstances."

So back to the question, he's up and around and feeling 100% now. He was putting around on his boat yesterday. And that just proves mu point. He's feeling better - good enough to be out and around on his boat and he leaves the dog here" because he could use the break".

I don't know about you but with my pets, If I'm away, I can't wait to get them back around me. Instead of pawning them off on someone else. /rant.

But needless to say, she's happy as can be here. With me she's brushed, she runs and plays and I've worked on some training and she's a work dog so instinctually she loves the training.
7a22e6fd0a09064ecc37e231e08962e9.jpg
bf42b87e91a5ed6ef25c49a25a7c8176.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
He's just trying to leave his scent. Lol.

Mmmm age old rivalry this... now the line's been drawn again.... Panerai Pussy vs Rolex Rover, let the games begin!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Carbonara

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Much better. He's a lazy bastaed and probably has no right owning a dog. Especially a puppy.

He wanted companionship but I don't think he thought it was going to be work. He doesn't exercise her nearly as much as she needs. He doesn't train her. (I swear, she thinks "come" means go the other way). I've discovered she's not really even housebroken because sometimes he doesn't even want to take her out.

I was talking to him and asked because he told me she's housebroken and he said "when someone says their dog is housebroken, what's that mean? They go outside 90% of the time. 80% of the time? What?"

I was like "dude, you have no right to have a dog. I've had dogs for my entire life and never had an accident that wasn't a puppy or that wasn't explained by extenuating circumstances."

So back to the question, he's up and around and feeling 100% now. He was putting around on his boat yesterday. And that just proves mu point. He's feeling better - good enough to be out and around on his boat and he leaves the dog here" because he could use the break".

I don't know about you but with my pets, If I'm away, I can't wait to get them back around me. Instead of pawning them off on someone else. /rant.

But needless to say, she's happy as can be here. With me she's brushed, she runs and plays and I've worked on some training and she's a work dog so instinctually she loves the training.

Mmmmm sad that she has to leave, sounds like the universe gave HER a bit of a break, even just for a bit....

Carbonara

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/19
Old Blighty

When I’m away, I miss my 3 like any other family member. They miss us too.

“A break”? !
Obviously I don’t know the situation, maybe he’s just recovering from being ill and not feeling up to it yet, but he made it to his boat.
For me, and my wife, I know the first thing we’d want is our pets back with us.

Maybe there’s a silver lining to covid for her? Maybe this guy knows it too.

Our cats curl up with our dog all the time. Lily will bond over time if dealt with gently. I’m sure you’ve bonded, eh?

Hazing

9/5/19
When I’m away, I miss my 3 like any other family member. They miss us too.

“A break”? !
Obviously I don’t know the situation, maybe he’s just recovering from being ill and not feeling up to it yet, but he made it to his boat.
For me, and my wife, I know the first thing we’d want is our pets back with us.

Maybe there’s a silver lining to covid for her? Maybe this guy knows it too.

Our cats curl up with our dog all the time. Lily will bond over time if dealt with gently. I’m sure you’ve bonded, eh?

Yeah.... he got her at 8 weeks old right around New Years. Let me back up and say I’m great with animals. I’ve had pets all my life and spent a ton of time with my own dogs. They always came everywhere with me. I always had German shepherds and did a lot of training with them. My last dog was a trained police dog that got injured in training and once they sustain certain injuries, they pull them. Before him, I had 3 shepherds at one time and my insurance company made me complete a protection training Training and my dogs loved it. Like they’re just true work dogs and they just legitimately love it and went all the way through a protection training (you know, starts with basic obedience, then goes to advanced obedience, then goes to no verbal obedience, then you can start protection training).and after that we did an advanced protection, guard protection and just for the sake of doing it, I trained them in search and rescue. I had a big contractors yard in the city where people would try to break in and they’d try to give crack to the dogs so they could break in so I trained them in drug detection, poison detection too.

all that training just kind of helps you understand how they think which allowed me to just always helped me bod with animals... especially dogs... very easily.

anyway, back to my buddy. He got the dog around Christmas and the day after New Years, him, me, and an 8 week old blue drove his boat down to Florida to leave it there for the season (too bad because of this we only got to use it that week). But it was an intensive bonding experience.

we left that trip and he was a little bummed that the dog would like get startled and run to me. Or when the dog seemed to want attention or to plat, she came to me. And he went away for another weekend like a month after that and I volunteered to take her. When he got her back he said she acted depressed for a week. I mean he was bummed- that when he realized he couldn’t handle her while he was sick that he asked his ex wife (who really is a see you next Tuesday) to take her first. Again, goes to show where his head and concern is.

sorry for rambling, I’m bonding with this little fvcker and getting pissed at the notion of having to give her back. Time for my own puppy for sure.

Hazing

9/5/19
Blue had an active day and just wants to sleep but I'm tormenting the poor girl tossing watches all over her.
6f1a5a22b23fe8a23ff9a42bf6b4dba5.jpg
f4eb955233ec8b912f00e1dfc3867505.jpg
57420cd21bb75f5f5f9edf94b4bbf60c.jpg

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Mr Peebs was hungry for some gens related to Space.

Sapphire Sandwich Moonwatch Professional

1976 "Colonel Pogue"

1974 Bulova "UFO" Spaceview Accutron
Oh my word! I LOVE the accutron! I have a soft spot for space related memoribilia... A whole other thread could be considered for that I guess but suffice to say I am also licking my lips :D

Reactions: Mr Heuristics

Mr Heuristics

Known Member
24/2/20
CaptainSplash Oh my word! I LOVE the accutron! I have a soft spot for space related memoribilia... A whole other thread could be considered for that I guess but suffice to say I am also licking my lips :D

A space themed thread is a fantastic idea.

I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet (if it has been done, I can't find it).

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
This thread puts a smile on my face. After all the crappy news it’s nice to see our little friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
CaptainSplash Oh my word! I LOVE the accutron! I have a soft spot for space related memoribilia... A whole other thread could be considered for that I guess but suffice to say I am also licking my lips :D

A space themed thread is a fantastic idea.

I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet (if it has been done, I can't find it).
Shall we start one?
266c409c96398b0c7dfad3d5293c06af.jpg

Reactions: Mr Heuristics