• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wristshots Jan. 6-Jan.13

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Wow what a beauty! Specs on this one please!
cheers lawlessflyer! It’s a build bought M2M here, with these specs:
Gen T-dial with light spider webbing
Gen hands relumed
Gen crystal
Gen crown
Gen Tritium Insert
SH3135 V2
Perfectly centered rep datewheel selected for it's vintage bold appearance
Drilled lug case
JF bracelet

Apart from the beautiful patina dial, it wasn’t overwhelmingly impressive, so I sent it to Tripdog for additional work, along with a gen datewheel:

Slimmed lugs, tube recessed into the case, light CG reshape, full brush and polish, lugs chamfered, case back and bezel ring polished. Bracelet brushed and polished, everything ultrasound cleaned before reassembly.
Hands relumed to match dial, lume plots lightly cleaned, crystal cleaned. Genuine DW re-sized and installed - date flips over cleanly in quick set and time set position, no drag or jumping out of position.

And now, I think it’s rather special. So thanks for asking!

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
WnJro.jpg

WnxLk.jpg

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
cheers lawlessflyer! It’s a build bought M2M here, with these specs:
Gen T-dial with light spider webbing
Gen hands relumed
Gen crystal
Gen crown
Gen Tritium Insert
SH3135 V2
Perfectly centered rep datewheel selected for it's vintage bold appearance
Drilled lug case
JF bracelet

Apart from the beautiful patina dial, it wasn’t overwhelmingly impressive, so I sent it to Tripdog for additional work, along with a gen datewheel:

Slimmed lugs, tube recessed into the case, light CG reshape, full brush and polish, lugs chamfered, case back and bezel ring polished. Bracelet brushed and polished, everything ultrasound cleaned before reassembly.
Hands relumed to match dial, lume plots lightly cleaned, crystal cleaned. Genuine DW re-sized and installed - date flips over cleanly in quick set and time set position, no drag or jumping out of position.

And now, I think it’s rather special. So thanks for asking!

Cheers to you!

yes this looks like a really special peice I would be a proud owner of this sub. The reason also why I asked is because the mid case looks to be ST (startime) same case I used for my franken build my isn't even close as nice as yours but suits me for now, just wish I listened to most of the members here when they told me go rather using SH3135 movement then the ETA route.. they were right specially hunting down some decent hands is no easy task now that TC is gone....

my franken (better pics)

specs:

ST case set (completely reshaped myself)
ST end links
ST bracelet
ST sholderless spring bars
TC V6 clasp
WSO crown tube
Veitnam Hands
Gen insert
Gen datewheel
Gen bezel assembly
Gen sillita SW200 movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Cheers to you!

yes this looks like a really special peice I would be a proud owner of this sub. The reason also why I asked is because the mid case looks to be ST (startime) same case I used for my franken build my isn't even close as nice as yours but suits me for now, just wish I listened to most of the members here when they told me go rather using SH3135 movement then the ETA route.. they were right specially hunting down some decent hands is no easy task now that TC is gone....

my franken (better pics)

specs:

ST end links
ST bracelet
ST sholderless spring bars
TC V6 clasp
WSO crown tube
Veitnam Hands
Gen insert
Gen datewheel
Gen bezel assembly

Can I get some fries with that?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Cheers to you!

specs:
ST end links
ST bracelet
ST shoulderless spring bars
TC V6 clasp
WSO crown tube
Vietnam Hands
Gen insert
Gen datewheel
Gen bezel assembly
That's also a lovely watch and set of parts lawless - and all the more special because you did the work on it yourself. I don't have the confidence, skills or eye yet to undertake such a project - I'm still at the "chuck it in a box of rocks and shake it about" stage. :)

maxlex

Renowned Member
Supporter
27/12/15
The Netherlands
That's also a lovely watch and set of parts lawless - and all the more special because you did the work on it yourself. I don't have the confidence, skills or eye yet to undertake such a project - I'm still at the "chuck it in a box of rocks and shake it about" stage. :)

Well I asure you that you are not the only one!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk