• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The GMT Thread

zelor75

Certified
20/5/16
9132a3642ea670543058275366049c43.jpg

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I love the GMT-Masters. Pepsi, Batman, Exp II. They are all beautiful. I am just afraid of purchasing one because of the "time bomb" movements. Are there any reliable ones these days that one can dare to buy?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I love the GMT-Masters. Pepsi, Batman, Exp II. They are all beautiful. I am just afraid of purchasing one because of the "time bomb" movements. Are there any reliable ones these days that one can dare to buy?

Any with the Asian ETA 2836 clone and the incorrect hand stack which you don't notice when wearing on the wrist. I have three now. ICHS movements have their advantage including a quick date set which the CHS don't have.

The rootbeer has a DG3804 CHS movement and I find the ICHS with the quick date set on the stem easier to use than the CHS where you have to move the hour hand back and forth to set the date.

All are great fun though

Last edited:
Reactions: Snil and KJ2020

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Any with the Asian ETA 2836 clone and the incorrect hand stack which you don't notice when wearing on the wrist. I have three now. ICHS movements have their advantage including a quick date set which the CHS don't have.

The rootbeer has a DG3804 CHS movement and I find the ICHS with the quick date set on the stem easier to use than the CHS where you have to move the hour hand back and forth to set the date.

All are great fun though

Thanks for explaining that! Which factory would you recommend? Can only find BP that still sells the GMT with 2836 movement. They seem to have other issues though