• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The GMT Thread

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
064fa646fd1de506b7f181190a00e6c6.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Nice pics. So which movements on the GMT Master IIs are reliable? And are there any that function similarly to gen with the date function that operates in both directions? Out of the LN, BLRO, or BLNR.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Nice pics. So which movements on the GMT Master IIs are reliable? And are there any that function similarly to gen with the date function that operates in both directions? Out of the LN, BLRO, or BLNR.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The way I have come to understand it in 6 months of participating in the forum:

ICHS 2836 movements are ETA clones that are very reliable but have the incorrect hand stack. These can be found in various GMTIIs from various manufacturers.
New LNs from ARF and VRF have a Rolex cloned movement and -obviously -haveCHS, and should be reliable but these are just out so experience is limited
"Time bomb" ETA 2836 derived CHS movements are unreliable and can be found in various GMTII offerings and are not reliable, some members have no problems, others have $700 paper weights.
Low beat ICHS DG2813 and CHS DG3804 movements can be found in cheaper GMTIIs in particular from BP. The ICHS is reliable, the CHS is out recently and experience is lacking

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazing and KJ2020