• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The GMT Thread

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
0acceb979ff9831786034bebb8344fa8.jpg

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Whowww. Where is that place. Think imma rob it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Whowww. Where is that place. Think imma rob it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
Burlington Arcade London, is called The Vintage Watch Company.

https://instagram.com/vintage_watch_company

Personally I won't go there to buy, as they are overpriced by around 30-40%. They have this gimmick thing of buying a watch at your birth year, which sounds like a novel idea but how do they know when the watch was originally made or sold when they don't even have the paper? Unless is a vintage variant which was made in just one particular year and somehow everyone agrees on that year as Rolex usually don't confirm the production year for vintage pieces.

Another warning sign for me was when I physically went inside their store I asked if I can borrow a loupe to look at the dial, they said they don't have a loupe. Which to be sounds absolute BS as they are a vintage watch dealer and if anyone who is into vintage will know, a loupe is like wheels for your car, you need it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

Mate you must have such a collection… love the combo’s nice work!
Curious about this insert is it brown & black or dark red & black?
I’m searching for a good ceramic coke insert for a fantasy 116710 coke. I’ve seen a few on AliExpress but not sure of the quality. If you have any sources you’ve purchased from that are reliable please PM me :)
Cheers bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Elno38

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Mate you must have such a collection… love the combo’s nice work!
Curious about this insert is it brown & black or dark red & black?
I’m searching for a good ceramic coke insert for a fantasy 116710 coke. I’ve seen a few on AliExpress but not sure of the quality. If you have any sources you’ve purchased from that are reliable please PM me :)
Cheers bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one is brown and black bro. Like so many aftermarket ceramics, it had white paint fill that had to be dug out by hand and then replaced with silver.

ZQDTCo.jpg

ZQDPik.jpg

ZQD47S.jpg

ZQDwrW.jpg

ZQDkLP.jpg

I would do a ceramic Coke too if I could find one. BP used to make one, there was a sample on TSWATCHES for the longest time but they've disappeared now so no more window shopping, Real bummer their site was fabulous. I thought about pulling the trigger on that BP a few times but never did.

I search inserts a couple times a week sometimes and haven't found one good enough to even use as a base to mod.

I bet Rolex comes out with one eventually. Til then we keep looking!

Last edited:
Reactions: H S and mnkoshka