• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Chronograph thread

BravoDelta

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
5/8/19
The Land
ZC8oEb.jpg

Reactions: sukwonee

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
That is such a fucking beautiful watch. But it’s just too big for anything under 8” wrists... :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks K, The strap matches nicely with this also. I don't know about wearing it on smaller wrists, mine is certainly not big at all and IMO this and other 47mm wears comfortably but I do prefer the size of the 44mm.

BTW, check this out, Ploprof for scale -- Kadinksky erick510

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
One stupid question for everyone!

Do you sometimes find that the chronograph hand looks misaligned in real life but perfectly aligned in photos?

I am right eye dominant and sometimes my left eye plays a trick and adds a bit of blurry view of the chronograph hand. When I close my left eye the chronograph hand is exactly at 12 lol

I also have a watch that must have been reset by a left eye dominant person. It's 1 increment off to the left to me but when I close my right eye, it perfectly aligns with the 12 (and in pics, it's misaligned to the left by 1 increment)

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
One stupid question for everyone!

Do you sometimes find that the chronograph hand looks misaligned in real life but perfectly aligned in photos?

I am right eye dominant and sometimes my left eye plays a trick and adds a bit of blurry view of the chronograph hand. When I close my left eye the chronograph hand is exactly at 12 lol

I also have a watch that must have been reset by a left eye dominant person. It's 1 increment off to the left to me but when I close my right eye, it perfectly aligns with the 12 (and in pics, it's misaligned to the left by 1 increment)

Since the eyes are trying to capture a room and have fix positions your brain adds many more things than you would believe to make things seem 3D. I believe since watchmakers use loupes and these microscope thingies they artificially center their vision to get precise placements on the tiny gears.
Never thought about that man. Nice find :D
This is just my theory. If my English were better I could try to give a scientific explanation since I'm forced to learn things like that atm :D.
Or is it maybe because of the points of focus?