• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AN INTRO TO THE SO&CO NEW YORK (VIZ SOCONY) YACHT CLUB HOMAGE TO THE ROLEX YACHTMASTER

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
Hi, Gang!

As I noted several nights ago on weekly wristies for the week of 04/22/19, I'm posting a quick tour of another SO & CO (a/k/s S0CONY) I purchased & debating whether to keep or not. It's a water resistant (literally -- 100m) homage to the ROLEX YACHTIE w/ blue dial; I posted a comparison of this SO&CO watch with my good ROLEX YACHT MASTER rep on Monday evening. I'm just not certain about keeping it or just returning it for a refund from the seller on amazon.com. As noted then, it's a sizable piece @ 43.5mm w/crown x 12.1mm wide & weighs in at 112 grams, which isn' bad for a quartz watch. It has a sunburst style blue dial and small date window and cyclops; the bracelet links are solid & appear to be well-made -- along with the case, with no sharp edges. The bezel is unidirectional and is a tinch loose but not serious so. The bracelet, as you can see in the pics are stainless steel with polished center links. The case possesses both a screw down crown and caseback; and as I wrote before, I've had several other SOCONY watches in the pool while swimming with no problems. The GMT hand does work and is independently adjustable -- something one doesn't find too much on a watch priced under $50. It comes with both an outer and inner box, warranty cards and other helpful info. I've been wearing it around the house and looks decent for the beater watch it is; the only question: should I keep this or return it for a refund. Here's several pics of the whole process, from unboxing to the warranty cards. Thanks for looking & sorry for my usual PhD dissertation. dave:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Great write up Dave. Not a bad homage at all.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
I picked up a batman GMT from these guys a few years back. Only that it had fingerprint marks and dust under the crystal, I would have kept it.
Return postage back to the states was almost as much as I paid for it : )

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Dear Dave,
great and nice write up and cool unboxing and pictures of the watch.
Nice homage and as a beater a great deal.

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
Again, mates, THANKS for the feedback; very much appreciated. ORIS: very sorry about your bad experiences with your BATMAN, whick I'm currently eyeing. I'm always surprised at the many blindsides we encounter with our watch purchases. Yours?? Def. a BUMMER!!

dave