• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Eyecandy and Wristshots 22nd - 28th April 2019

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
+/- 0 sec/day . daydate chrono , al :cool:
VnhGg6.jpg

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
Hiya, Group!

Today, a showing of two somewhat similar items: a decent ROLEX YACHTMASTER rep w/ blue dial and its HOMAGE-- this SO&CO New York YACHT CLUB with blue dial, but quartz movement. This one (So&CO) I just received from amazon.com the other day. I'm debating keeping it or not (just love inexpensive beaters that save my reps from abuse).

The SO&CO, featured first in this week's wristies is an inexpensive watch I picked up @ amazon.com. I like these watches and have several of them for wearing out and about. Although "cheap," I believe they're decently made (for the price) and fairly rugged and certainly water resistance: two of my others have been in the pool for a while and have done well (rated to 100m depth, with screw down crown and case back). The case is 40mm wide w/o crown; 42mm with, while about 13mm thick. I haven't yet decided to keep it; but I already may have via removing several links so I could wear it around the house. Here are some pics: (First, side-by-side):

SO & CO:

The ROLEX Yacht Master is a fine watch (although the date window and cyclops are too small) and measures in at 43mm w/o crown; 47 with x 13mm thick. Has the rugged A2813 workhorse movement and keeps great time.(I tried to not mix up the pics, for these tired old eyes, I couldn't be sure; so, perhaps, some apologies might be in order. Some pics:

TOMORROW I WILL TRY TO POST MORE ON THE SO&CO NEW YORK, FROM UNBOXING TO WRISTIES.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Looks great with that lume. Did you do it or someone else?

Thanks buddy! It's their original stock lume (gold sand), actually. It came with the infamous TC Yachtmaster red seconds hand but I bought a dagger seconds hand from Helenarou and installed it myself, to give it the military look. Installed a Clarks crystal with AR on the cyclops and bought a black insert with vintage lume pearl from them directly. It's an absolute beast, I can tell you, still on COSC parameters after more than a year. I'm even considering selling my gen BB as I always favour the Ginault over it.

Reactions: Oris

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Yes, but yours looks redder than mine. I like mine a lot, but yours looks a bit different. Could be lighting.

I really think yours is a darker brown and mine is definitely more reddish. I prefer yours.

Reactions: KJ2020