• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Eyecandy and Wristshots 18th - 24th March 2019

maxlex

Renowned Member
Supporter
27/12/15
The Netherlands
PH7FX.jpg

YesSirree!!!!!!!!!????????

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: RWIGWH and KJ2020

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Can't find it with that insert color...
Only all black.

CaliCat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/18
How does an insert get to be that color? The watch is gorgeous!

To be honest, I don't know if it got this color naturally by accidentally being exposed to extreme sunlight, or if it was aged on purpose. I know that several people on the gen Rolex forums (where I got this from) age their inserts by simply placing them on the hot stove. Of course the value of the insert is a lot higher if the color change occurred naturally (see the Tropicals), but to me it doesn't matter, I just like the way the color fits with the dial.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
To be honest, I don't know if it got this color naturally by accidentally being exposed to extreme sunlight, or if it was aged on purpose. I know that several people on the gen Rolex forums (where I got this from) age their inserts by simply placing them on the hot stove. Of course the value of the insert is a lot higher if the color change occurred naturally (see the Tropicals), but to me it doesn't matter, I just like the way the color fits with the dial.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I'm buiding a fantasy Sub to look kind of like a Black Bay Red (except YG) and am looking for a way to make a red insert more maroon colored. My wife will klll me if I mess up our new stove, maybe I should try BBQ'ing one, hehe.

Going for this look

7XYeh.jpg

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Ah, thanks for the info.
It looks really nice indeed that bezel.
The crystal also looks good.
What is the base version of the watch?

Cheers

CaliCat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/18
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I'm buiding a fantasy Sub to look kind of like a Black Bay Red (except YG) and am looking for a way to make a red insert more maroon colored. My wife will klll me if I mess up our new stove, maybe I should try BBQ'ing one, hehe.

Going for this look

7XYeh.jpg

​​​​​​No mess, and it seems to take just seconds to minutes, depending on what you want to achieve. Check this:
https://atgvintagewatches.com/atg-vintage-watches-forum/4872-tropical-rolex-worrying-discovery.html

@ Mille M:
Base watch is a JF 16610.

Reactions: C Master and KJ2020