• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Weekly Wristies and Eyecandy 10th Dec. - 16th Dec. 2018

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
gpRvd.jpg

Adrian8741

Known Member
30/6/18
Casual dress day at work, opted for the most comfortable watch I own. Doesn't get as much wrist time as others but each time I wear it I notice something new. Today I realised the font on the datewheel features taller characters on the right compared to the left in order to fill the unusually-shaped date window.

gxLlK.jpg

gx70o.jpg

gxj5L.jpg

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
Hi, Gang! Happy Friday!!

For today's ride, this ROLEX GMT-MASTER II w/ ceramic-style Pepsi bezel I purchased from DHGATE for $58 + change. It arrived earlier this week. Well packed for shipping, it was a joy to open and investigate; it turned out to be a mixed bag of surprises: on the one hand, the case, dial, bezel and cyclops were truly impressive. From a short distance it DOES resemble a gen. The GMT hand is functional (in following the hour hand), but it's not adjustable. I could live with that; the seconds hand moves along quite smoothly, and the luminous markers are great -- for a while, before they fade. On the other hand, the "s/s" Jubilee bracelet was terrible, in that it arrived in a form that would have satisfied The Hulks wrist; moving the MICROCREWS was a challenge: I thought they had been cemented inside the links. Trying to reinsert them to size the bracelet proved to be useless. After spending almost two hours trying to rejoin the links, I gave up and took the bracelet and screws to one of my watchsmiths, who couldn't do it either. In his words, he said "The Chinese screws are poorly machined. They did a terrible job." The screws varied in thickness and length, so I gave up and put this beauty on a spare brown leather strap with a Rolex crowned buckle & went on The Bay to order a better made s/s Jubilee bracelet. Still, the watch is indeed very lovely and seems to be well made. dave:

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
Casual dress day at work, opted for the most comfortable watch I own. Doesn't get as much wrist time as others but each time I wear it I notice something new. Today I realised the font on the datewheel features taller characters on the right compared to the left in order to fill the unusually-shaped date window.

gxLlK.jpg

gx70o.jpg

gxj5L.jpg
sweet watch!