• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hyjynx’s Definitive Collection. A close look....

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Hyjynx’s Definitive Collection. A close look....

This is a no-frills, unabashed, pictorial of my current collection of watches. I’m no watch snub, so some might be surprised by what I consider MY definitive and true collection. I’ll try to answer all questions, but to avoid unnecessary repetition, let’s get a few FAQs out of the way.

1. How long have you been collecting watches? I’ll say for most of my adult life, but only seriously in the last 7 or so years.

2. Which are your (insert any number here) favorite watches? I don’t have favorites. I just love watches (in no particular order) for design, materials and complications.

3. Is there a rhyme or reason to the arrangement? Yes. Borne more out of convenience than any other considerations, I arrange my watches by bands - SS bracelets, black leather, brown leather, black/brown rubber, and odd colors (blue, green, gray, etc.) Tourbillons are also grouped together.

4. What’s the thumb tacks for? That’s how I monitor watches worn and/or wound. After I return a worn watch into the box, I push a tack into the pillow/cushion so I don’t have reach for it until I complete a rotation. There are times I would have wound a watch to wear but changed my mind. It still gets tacked.

5. Why are there unused pillows and what are you doing about that unsightliness? My brass/bronze watches were on those. I recently decided to separate them from the rest of the collection because that’s the direction in which my interest is currently evolving and I’m running out of space for watch boxes. What am I going to do about the spaces? Buy more watches.

6. Will you make a list to help noobs identify all these watches? Maybe. Not today though. I still struggle with the nomenclature for the PAMs.

7. Seriously, are these all the watches you currently own? No. There are about 25 others that I acquired in the early days of my interest but are no longer worn or cared for, really. I bring them out at thanksgiving for my nephews to relieve or raid me of. Millennials are such suckers for anything battery-powered.

8. What is your current gen:rep ratio? I don’t know and I really don’t care. They’re all the same to me.

9. Besides a good disposable income, how does one get away with owning such a large collection of watches? One marries a self-accomplished woman with a proportional obsession for shoes and bags.

Now, on to the watches.

The SS bands box
731e852b195467448304f85dc0b82947.jpg

Black leather box
8c87cb2cfb01128ecb1024c4daeffc2b.jpg

Brown leather box (some black leather spillovers)
dd3d58db4ab90c943e645a195225be98.jpg

Rubber band box
5efaa556e0efcd30a9547a72937206bc.jpg

Tourbillon, and others box
0c0ebc7d0d58bb8ca5e2d2885aa851fc.jpg

Brass/bronze hangout
afef9471903758222f6913582f910bf4.jpg

A collage? Of course!
80d0f8e895d554a2eb5fc2b150e137f5.jpg

Last edited:

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
Whoa :cool:
Nice, man!

Is there any particular watch that you seem to wear more than the others?

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Whoa :cool:
Nice, man!

Is there any particular watch that you seem to wear more than the others?
Thanks. Not really. The tacking keeps me disciplined in the rotation.

I now have collection envy
Not my intention, bro, but thanks all the same. :D

Who am I kidding? THAT IS one of my intentions, and you’re welcome! :p

Reactions: Taz71

Dusk

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/14
Gulf Coast of Florida
Holy crap. We were chatting about patina on the sea turtle last night next door Hyjynx you must go through a lot of LOS with that lot! Stunning collection my friend!

Reactions: Hyjynx

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hey man i like the als chrono, is that gen or a rep? Tried on the gen in the ad a few weeks ago, fantastic watch. The finishing is unbelievable. Apparently they build each watch up once to make sure it works, disassemble it, polish and finish the parts then reassemble. Crazy germans!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I am so glad my wife is not as understanding lol.

I should not even have looked at this thread, I should know better, now my wish list has just expanded again. That IWC Green Tourby alone ........................................

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Now this is inspiration haha. Great collection there mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Are straps are real leather?
Er... yes....

Now this is inspiration haha. Great collection there mate.
Thanks!

I am so glad my wife is not as understanding lol.

I should not even have looked at this thread, I should know better, now my wish list has just expanded again. That IWC Green Tourby alone ........................................
To be honest, it’s not so much understanding as resignation, really. I guess she’ll live with this rather than any of my other past demons.

Hey man i like the als chrono, is that gen or a rep? Tried on the gen in the ad a few weeks ago, fantastic watch. The finishing is unbelievable. Apparently they build each watch up once to make sure it works, disassemble it, polish and finish the parts then reassemble. Crazy germans!
It’s a rep. A very nice one too.

This green tourbi seams awesome !
Oh, it is awesome.

Holy crap. We were chatting about patina on the sea turtle last night next door Hyjynx you must go through a lot of LOS with that lot! Stunning collection my friend!
Lol. Yeah, I’m on my second bottle. Thanks!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
To be honest, it’s not so much understanding as resignation, really. I guess she’ll live with this rather than any of my other past demons.

Yep I hear that.