• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My franken blnr

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Finally finished making it a full 904 gmt today so decided to post up a wrist shot!

kufIX.jpg

Reactions: phdsjain

Hakai

11/6/18
Can you break down the parts ?

Awesome work!

The dial is gen, right ?

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Can you break down the parts ?

Awesome work!

The dial is gen, right ?

Of course man,

GMF 904 Case
ARF Bracelet
Noob Clasp
Gen Crown
Gen Spring Bars
Gen Winding stem
Gen Crystal
Gen Bezel
Gen Movement
Blistered Dial
Blistered Hands

Bracelet was stripped down to each link and modded roller pins in each.

I sacraficed my gmt root beer for the cause. But it had really nice sels on it!

my good friend Pelagic helped me out sourcing the parts and tons of advice.

Last edited:

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18
Nice mate! Where did you source the bezel/insert? Mustve costed tons of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGT13

Rep Zealot
15/9/16
I love the Batman but the rep insert always turned me off. Yours with the gen bezel and other gen parts is so awesome. Congratulations.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Stunning piece bro! What factory did the SEL's come from? That bracelet puller is sure coming in handy!
Well done.

Reactions: Longwood

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Stunning piece bro! What factory did the SEL's come from? That bracelet puller is sure coming in handy!
Well done.

They were actually two tone end links lol. From my gmf root beer. But since I’m building it as a franken I will eventually go gen bracelet.

i took them and sanded off the gold and than did a repolish. The links mate up to a arf bracelet.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
They were actually two tone end links lol. From my gmf root beer. But since I’m building it as a franken I will eventually go gen bracelet.

i took them and sanded off the gold and than did a repolish. The links mate up to a arf bracelet.

Haha, nice! Says a lot for 5 mil plating. Master of bracelets! :_o_:

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Haha, nice! Says a lot for 5 mil plating. Master of bracelets! :_o_:

I would honestly tell anyone who is looking at buying a wrapped gold bracelet, your not going to rub through it with normal wear. It took a brushing wheel and pressure to get it off. If they could figure out how to wrap the side of the links it would be fantastic.

I would also note that the GMF bracelet is high quality, and the internal working is like a ARF. I will probably remove all the gold one day and make a nice spare bracelet. I been doing a full conversion to all bracelets. Its takes sooooo much time to get one feeling right. Haha master of nothing, just a guy who wants to figure out how stuff works, and if can be made better :)

Reactions: KJ2020

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Crap I cannot see this pic!!! Here’s my gen, most beloved watch in my collection, congrats on your build and effort!
c08363c8aab1b1c5ce07f4f3f746b906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro