• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Weekly Wrist Shots August 6th - 12th August

nycrounders

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
13/12/15
2773cc4940bd648b1ca393de19a0e3fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
Hi, Gang!

You're looking at my first genuine "exotic" watch I ever owned, purchased in late '67 or early '68 at the BX (Base Exchange) at Clark Air Base, PI, while I was stationed there. I called it "exotic" because at that time I had never heard of "SEIKO" and knew nothing about them. All I ever had was the wind up mechanical TIMEX my parents got me for my high school graduation in '66. Since then, I've learned A LOT about the brand and am proud to say I own several of these outstanding watches. This fifty-year old watch has been through the ringer (and water-- it's not water resistant) & years/decades ago had it taken apart, cleaned, oiled, dial cleaned up, and had the original bracelet replaced with this two-tone jubilee by my lady-friend watch smith. Today was the first time I've worn it in years and discovered it started right up through my handling it. Great watch, to say the least. dave: