• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Steinhart Ocean One to Rolex MOD...

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I don't know. Never tried with a 42mm.
If you need a 29mm dial for the 39mm version, I think you'll need a 30+ mm dial for the 42.

Problem is, you don't have 30mm submariner dials.
Try with the 29mm ones and then say something here.

Cheers

Reactions: Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
thanks,

I think that's the only way. I can't find dial sizes for the 42 on the www :p so trial and error it is haha

Blueadrian

Renowned Member
24/7/19
UK
thanks,

I think that's the only way. I can't find dial sizes for the 42 on the www :p so trial and error it is haha

You could sell the 42 and get a 39 to save the risk there are always lots on eBay.

I decided to go rep once I sold the Steinhart and have had some of the more expensive ARF Yachtmaster and Arf Subs all of which passed a waterproof test. I have also modded a Bamford in white for my wife who didn’t like it so now it’s a bluesy - all from raffles. That one passed 100m with some work from Ado.

I recon you’d get a good price for your stein hart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
You could sell the 42 and get a 39 to save the risk there are always lots on eBay.

I decided to go rep once I sold the Steinhart and have had some of the more expensive ARF Yachtmaster and Arf Subs all of which passed a waterproof test. I have also modded a Bamford in white for my wife who didn’t like it so now it’s a bluesy - all from raffles. That one passed 100m with some work from Ado.

I recon you’d get a good price for your stein hart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats cool! I have a zzf v2, but never checked WR. Would be cool if it reached 100m at least. Did your arf's passed the waterproof out of the box?

Was thinking the same, as im wrecking more pieces than im fixing :p i thought of selling it and buying a 39. The 42 is also a little big for me so who knows.
For now i'll be enjoying it as it is the vintage one red. I dig the look of it! When i get tired i will swap it and do the mod :) !

Blueadrian

Renowned Member
24/7/19
UK
The waterproofing was down to the guys at Bond street station. I gave them all my reps for service, told them I wanted some level of Waterporoofing and they serviced and gave me them back with a good waterproof test. They greased them all somehow tested in front of me. Haven’t been to london for a year now (was three times a week before COVID) so hope they are still there.

Love Rolex, Omega and Tudor.
Based in UK

blake12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
Hello !

I Swapped mine yesterday , the task was not easy , i spend a lot of time finding how to release the feet holder But it's done !

I took a DRSD From Raffle . 2824 compatibility is ok but i had to cut two feet with a cutter to adapt it .

Il like the result , Next step is a little aging of the dial to match the pearl and the hands !

This topic was helpfull ! Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Mille M

scotjohnson68

Looking Around
11/11/23
Agree :)
A more vintage look. I would need to remove the maginifier on the crystal tho (it's easy to do I know).

Next project might be the Steinhart Yachtmaster.
cnTXa.jpg

Maybe then I can use the black/gold dial on the Yachtmaster and use the Black ceramic bezel with another dial (I have a tudor vintage dial that might work there).
cn72y.png

__________________________________________________ _______

Alkuhf, the dial size is 29mm (the same for submariners and Steinhart Ocean One 39 - only the 39).
I bought the dials at http://rafflesdials.com/

Cheers
What is the size of the dial?