• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watches for Ladies or GF's

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Concord C1 Lady Quartz 37 mm

Specs : Ladies C1 chrono, Stainless steel case 37 mm, soft rubber band with "Concord" tang buckle, AR crystal, Japanese quartz chrono movement (very easy to find and not expensive in case of.. :D )

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Finally got this baby ordered from Hont, and also ordered a black one as well:cool2:

hub2.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I'm just glad i never paid you the $500 asking price for your wife's one Guru:err:

Just waiting for Hont to send some pic's before shipping, payment was a bit of a nightmare, initial payment was declined( paid via mastercard), tried again with Visa and went straight through..

Finally the wait is over:cool2:

great news that these babies are available again, I like the black one too

nielest

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/11/09
can't go wrong with classic Rollie SS datejust for a gal... i should know i'm one and have a few! :cool2:

JBON

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/08
Nielest, what dealer do you recommend for a ladies SS Datejust?

alwayslate

7/5/08
Love the Concord C1!!!! I have two for myself and my lady loves it. Where did you get it from? Please PM me. Thanks!

pedecter

6/4/09
I got 2 get Ebels this Xmas for less than $400 each? Should I post pics?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Don't forget the Cartier La Dona. My wife has had this watch now almost 4 years. Very accurate and still running strong.
LaDona006Medium.jpg

watchman888

Known Member
29/7/09
Found out the white Sandra Bullock watch in "Blind Side" my gal liked is a Toy Watch (most around $200). Someone commented they (the 'plasteramic' models) feel really cheap in hand, so I'm shying away from those. (Ever opportunists, Toy now has a ceramic version, but it's over $1000). My personal faves for her are white J12 and white HBB ladies. She seems to like pix of Hublot better. Meantime she went out and purchased a white G-shock on her own. A damned unauthorized watch purchase! What fun is that??

izebulon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/09
Guru - a heartfelt +1 as you have routinely provided posts to help balance the equation in one's watch habit. In lieu of a section, perhaps we can add to this fine thread.

Hoping to use these pics a proof that the 38-40mm range, like that hub or pam, would look just great on a certain someone.

cheers

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Guru thats a nice in the black with gold, at least you wont have to worry about the black strap showing up every mark:wacko:
I can recommend this Ladies Cartier, small but nice dressy watch
DSCN2945.jpg

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
Found out the white Sandra Bullock watch in "Blind Side" my gal liked is a Toy Watch (most around $200). Someone commented they (the 'plasteramic' models) feel really cheap in hand, so I'm shying away from those. (Ever opportunists, Toy now has a ceramic version, but it's over $1000). My personal faves for her are white J12 and white HBB ladies. She seems to like pix of Hublot better. Meantime she went out and purchased a white G-shock on her own. A damned unauthorized watch purchase! What fun is that??

I thought it was a J12. That is what I told my wife anyways. I got her one just after watching the movie. My wife has never had a thing for watches, but magically she does now. I wonder if it is because I point out great watches on actors in movies and tv shows? :iph:

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
I could recommend a PAM 90 40 mm in white dial + white strap...I will take some pics on the wirst of my wife...Bought it from Narikaa , automatic movement (the first try for me for the wifey).:facepalm:

I will buy the Cartier Ballon too for her...

LEOCK

Horology Curious
12/8/09
Got this for my wife from MR, on the picture MR is holding it, its wrapped.

1.jpg

ImWatchingYOU

24/8/10
Got this for my wife from MR, on the picture MR is holding it, its wrapped.

Nice looking watch, the bad thing with watches which have the "diamonds" around the dial is that they do not sparcle as much as real diamonds.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
updated the thread with 2 new 2011 buys......the AP is from Pix, 36 mm and the HBB is from Marvelous.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
This is a great thread.

I have been looking for a wtch for my GF, but in contrast to Mrs Guru she does not want a ticking hand. Quartz is OK though as long as it is not obvious.
Also she is not into larger watches and would ideally want someting around 30mm.

I am really struggeling!!

The Cartier shown above looks nice, but I have a couple of issues.
One is the strap. I suspect it is the usual rep-quality and would need to be changed. Is there an alternative to OEM? And if not, will the OEM fit?
The other is that is says Stainless Steel on the gold version. Not too keen on that.
So the jury is still out on the Ballon Bleu.

Any non-ticking-hand alternatives?

Please keep this thread going.