• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Official Bronze Watch Club

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
5038faba9bd374cd291b2c086aff60dc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlakeMcJake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Sorry about this one there are a lot of photos. When I got it I could not take it off my wrist except for a strap change. It spent a record two weeks on my wrist.

Dang, that’s gorgeous. Wasn’t sure about it in the daylight so didn’t pull the trigger but now it’s back on the want list! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
That Panerai looks great, man. I was looking at one with the brown dial. Do you know if they're actually brass/bronze, or is it just steel coated to look like that?

Someone told me exactly what they were once. They are not plated SS. I think they are some copper mix.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
That Panerai looks great, man. I was looking at one with the brown dial. Do you know if they're actually brass/bronze, or is it just steel coated to look like that?

The bronze PAM with the brown dial is the 968. And yes, they’re solid bronze. I’m after the same model.

Meanwhile, I’m wearing this nice gen from my bronze trio today...

b61cf509943fac0097457ff6f2464eb0.jpg

1d42d917eb00e0c74b59961d362a4c0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Wait wut? I thought they were genuine bronze. Ah well... rep watches, rep bronze... I guess it follows. :)

Lol don't quote me :) What goes into a rep can be as speculative as a "factories got raided" thread.

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Lol don't quote me :) What goes into a rep can be as speculative as a "factories got raided" thread.

True, true.

Of course, having done some Googling, I now know that bronze is an alloy - and the metals involved in its makeup includes copper. So the "copper mix" you'd heard about might just have been someone explaining what bronze is! :)

There's quite possibly "top quality" bronze and "rep quality" bronze - and no way we will ever really know the difference unless someone does the sort of research that revealed how the 904L watches we were being sold were actually just good old 316L.

For my own part, I can only speak of my experience in doing some "forced aging" on my gen Ingersoll and XF Tudor bronzos. The Ingersoll is (presumably) "gen quality" bronze. And next to it, the Tudor's case material looks identical. I gave both of them the vinegar fumes treatment to develop a verdigris patina. This resulted in the same green effect, taking a similar time to form on both watches. So in my mind there was never any reason to suspect that the Tudor's case was an inferior version of bronze.

Quite interesting stuff, but the bottom line is... bronze watches are officially V. COOL.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I love that one by the way. I have really started considering buying some gen Bronze watches.
I highly recommend the Ingersoll. It’s the perfect size, beautifully screwed together, and a real looker. The horween leather strap is also weathering in nicely. My only criticism is the design of the buckle - I had to shave the sharp wrist-contacting corners off it, as they dug into my wrist badly (even though, as a watch wearing desk jockey, I have twin silicon gel mouse mats - one for mouse hand, one for watch hand...). :)

The Ingersoll also comes in impressively elaborate packaging (which includes a wooden box), considering its relatively low price, which further adds to the overall impression of a high quality product.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I highly recommend the Ingersoll. It’s the perfect size, beautifully screwed together, and a real looker. The horween leather strap is also weathering in nicely. My only criticism is the design of the buckle - I had to shave the sharp wrist-contacting corners off it, as they dug into my wrist badly (even though, as a watch wearing desk jockey, I have twin silicon gel mouse mats - one for mouse hand, one for watch hand...). :)

The Ingersoll also comes in impressively elaborate packaging (which includes a wooden box), considering its relatively low price, which further adds to the overall impression of a high quality product.

I need to stop posting in the eyecandy section and looking at the watches. I will be the proud owner of an Ingersoll Bronze in 3-5 working days lol.

Reactions: p0pperini