• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your collection in one shot!

D

d4m.test

Holy cow! impressive collection :applause:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
@hasel53128 here is a thread for you lol. Are you up to the challenge?

My watchbox keeps changing and I have a few out getting work done all the time. I gave up snapshots of the collection for this reason. It only reminds me of the ones that got away lol.

Raspymcnasty

4/5/17
E5r9la3l.jpg

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
LOL! I was biding my time for the right moment to use the “nuclear option.” [emoji23] But now that you’ve “outed” me, here goes:

DUE TO THE GRAPHIC AND SENSITIVE NATURE OF THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!!
4715f8799c317c8e85dbddc9de33722f.jpg

wow... u da man

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
@hasel53128 here is a thread for you lol. Are you up to the challenge?

My watchbox keeps changing and I have a few out getting work done all the time. I gave up snapshots of the collection for this reason. It only reminds me of the ones that got away lol.

Let’s not forget @minty007. He’s got a mother lode too. [emoji2]

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
Let’s not forget @minty007. He’s got a mother lode too. [emoji2]

Ha! Although nothing like yours, my friend...

Mine seem to be stashed all over the house... I'd have a tough enough time even finding them all :laugh: (I think I have more than a dozen in various stages of repair on the work bench alone...)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Ha! Although nothing like yours, my friend...

Mine seem to be stashed all over the house... I'd have a tough enough time even finding them all :laugh: (I think I have more than a dozen in various stages of repair on the work bench alone...)
But it is all worth it for those amazing wristshots :) I am really loving the Reverso you are sporting at the moment :)

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
But it is all worth it for those amazing wristshots :) I am really loving the Reverso you are sporting at the moment :)

Thanks - you are too kind! :notworthy:

The Reverso is special... JLC calls that model the Classique for good reason. Many wouldn't take to its small size, but having that watch in its original dimensions and with the manual wind movement is spot on for me...

D

d4m.test

LOL! I was biding my time for the right moment to use the “nuclear option.” [emoji23] But now that you’ve “outed” me, here goes:

DUE TO THE GRAPHIC AND SENSITIVE NATURE OF THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!!
4715f8799c317c8e85dbddc9de33722f.jpg
Bloooody heck!!! What’s the gen/rep ratio on this ???

D

d4m.test

Aimed at the guys with incredible collections - assuming most pieces won’t get worn often - what are the implications to not leaving the watches on winders ??
Thanks in advance

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Bloooody heck!!! What’s the gen/rep ratio on this ???

If my math is correct, it’s roughly 1:4.

Aimed at the guys with incredible collections - assuming most pieces won’t get worn often - what are the implications to not leaving the watches on winders ??
Thanks in advance

People have different takes on this question. I’m no watch expert, and can only speak from my own personal experience. For all the watches in my collection, I have just the 2 in 1 winder you see in the picture. I hardly use it, to be honest. Most of my watches will be wound and worn only 4-5 times a year. I’ve not noticed any problems resulting from the long intervals of idleness. If anything, I’d argue that it’s good for the longevity of fragile rep movements.

D

d4m.test

People have different takes on this question. I’m no watch expert, and can only speak from my own personal experience. For all the watches in my collection, I have just the 2 in 1 winder you see in the picture. I hardly use it, to be honest. Most of my watches will be wound and worn only 4-5 times a year. I’ve not noticed any problems resulting from the long intervals of idleness. If anything, I’d argue that it’s good for the longevity of fragile rep movements.
Thankyou for the info. I hope to one day have a 1/4 of your collection!!!

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA

I'd agree as well with the winder observation. I keep less than 10% of my watches on winders, primarily for convenience. Like most things mechanical, I see movements as having finite lives. As long as they are used periodically to keep things lubed, I have no problem letting many of my watches sit idle for periods of time. Of course, all mechanical movements need eventual maintenance, but I feel mine may need it less frequently than if they were running constantly.

Reactions: johndoe