• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your collection in one shot!

Powerreserve

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/17
Amsterdam/Firenze/Nurburg
58d28a7fdbd82c9b33c81ec6c9f303de.jpg

These are my most interesting reps

Sent from the RWI App

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Brilliant collections guys....my only question @Hyjynx and @tkingjr how on earth can you decide what to actually wear!
Picking a watch everyday is easy. I wear a different one everyday. My selection depends on what is going on that day, do i have time to set it, and am i wearing jeans or chinos. On weekends I wear my Tissot titanium beater so i don't have to be concerned about scratches.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Brilliant collections guys....my only question @Hyjynx and @tkingjr how on earth can you decide what to actually wear!

Like tkingjr said, it’s not at all hard to pick a watch once you have a routine you stick to. The questions I ask myself are: What does the occasion call for (formal or casual), and what goes with the shoes and belt I’m wearing. Those 2 questions immediately create a manageable shortlist. I already have the watches organized by bands (bracelet, leather (color coded), rubber and others), so I know which box to make a choice from right from the getgo. I also have “themes” like Tourbillon Tuesday, Bronze Weekend Warriors, etc. It’s a bit silly, but that’s how I enjoy my vast collection. [emoji1] If I can’t decide between 2 or 3 watches, I just wear one and bring the other contenders along in 3 watch travel case. It’s rare that I switch watches midway, but it does happen. When I take off a watch and return it to its place in a box, it gets tagged with a thumb tack, and out of the current rotation.

Yeah, that’s a long read, but really only a 2-5 minutes decision process. [emoji12]

It looks like each case is a 25 slot case and there are 5 in the pic so it is 125 watches. If we take the average cost of $350 per watch (modest) then this collection is worth $43,750.

Each box holds 30 watches. Still won’t discuss cost, though. [emoji6]

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

cleebeauregard

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/1/15
It looks like each case is a 25 slot case and there are 5 in the pic so it is 125 watches. If we take the average cost of $350 per watch (modest) then this collection is worth $43,750.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

I’ve got a couple of these cases, for the money they’re hard to beat (about $150 or so each with shipping) Each case holds 30 watches— 6 high x 5 wide. 30 x 5 = 150 watches, plus any “strays” not in a box, which at $350 each is $52,500, but as we all know some of these were less tha $350, and some were much more. My conservative guess is that there’s probably $65,000 here, which is a pretty nice car. ;).

Reactions: jm_brc_7057