• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bond Eye Candy (Pic Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
UoWSK.jpg

Reactions: cmann_97

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
How annoying. LOL. Can't wait for Tapatalk to finally fix their app for us iPhone XS Max users so we can resume uploading pics through their app.

I just found out that switching iPhone XS Max screen zoom from normal to enlarged fixes the problem - Tapatalk can show image menu above keyboard as before.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Just finished up my franken 2531.80, for now anyway. What do ya'll think?

Gen bezel insert
Gen dial(relumed)
Cheapie 21j case
Clark sapphire crystal
A2836

I may get some gen hands and a gen crown/tube if I don't decide to sell this and buy a gen.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Just finished up my franken 2531.80, for now anyway. What do ya'll think?

Gen bezel insert
Gen dial(relumed)
Cheapie 21j case
Clark sapphire crystal
A2836

I may get some gen hands and a gen crown/tube if I don't decide to sell this and buy a gen.

Looks like the real deal. There is nothing like the size and weight of the gen on this one. It was nearly costing me $900 to build one of these without the 1120 movement and on a Rep case, so I just went gen.

Reactions: KushBandit

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Looks like the real deal. There is nothing like the size and weight of the gen on this one. It was nearly costing me $900 to build one of these without the 1120 movement and on a Rep case, so I just went gen.

You're not kidding, I have a difficult time with the thickness. I prefer a watch around 12mm thick, while this came in at a whopping 14.5mm. A gen case back would barely help and be too expensive, IMO.

I'm filing the 2531.80 under WBIG, because it's not worth it to franken one unless done inexpensively. I have roughly $400 into this and it's about as far as I'm willing to go. Another $800~ and I can have the gen. I'm happy the watch looks the part though!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
You're not kidding, I have a difficult time with the thickness. I prefer a watch around 12mm thick, while this came in at a whopping 14.5mm. A gen case back would barely help and be too expensive, IMO.

I'm filing the 2531.80 under WBIG, because it's not worth it to franken one unless done inexpensively. I have roughly $400 into this and it's about as far as I'm willing to go. Another $800~ and I can have the gen. I'm happy the watch looks the part though!

I totally agree with the WBIG title on this one.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I just found out that switching iPhone XS Max screen zoom from normal to enlarged fixes the problem - Tapatalk can show image menu above keyboard as before.

That worked wonderfully! Thank you!